** Service Issue ** Inbound Calls error "The number you are trying to reach is not in service"

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate. If you have a related question on this subject, please post a new topic.

Our engineering team is investigating this and working to diligently restore service.  

Our phone lines are experiencing long hold times, so you do NOT need to call in as we are already aware of the issue.  Please follow this thread for updates

We apologize for any inconvenience and we thank you for your patience as we work on this. 
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

• 43,914 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Pete Weinman

Pete Weinman

• 266 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
On the bright side, at least we're all earning valuable "points" for our participation on this site.  At least the day is not a total loss.
Photo of Shannon Maggs

Shannon Maggs, Champion

• 474 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
We just had a laugh over the same thing.  
Photo of Tammie Breon

Tammie Breon

• 290 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
So you're a phone company whose PHONE service isn't working right now - anywhere.  Your only answer to us is "we're working on it".  This is completely unacceptable.  We are a medical practice who relies on your service for patients.  Calls can be a matter of patient well being.  It'll be nice what RC does to try and make this right.
Photo of Mike Hertelt 230

Mike Hertelt 230

• 292 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Phones are down in Wisconsin as well.

Can't log in to create a case. Help Center is down!!!

I was promised while signing that RC has several different data centers to fail over to in case servers go down.

Obviously there is no fail over in place!!!

Photo of DIS-BATCH

DIS-BATCH

• 210 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Mike, Ring Central is NOT a Carrier Class service like ATT or Verizon. They do NOT have fail-over servers or network redundancy. They have redundant call servers if one call center goes down another will be able to answer. This is why Ring Central is less expensive than ATT for their service. I am pissed off as well for my company is losing revenue with every minute that the network is down however this is the 1st outage with Ring Central in over 3 years. And the service is back up since 9:50 EST.

Mike Hertelt 230

I am sorry to say but I had an entire afternoon outage less than a year ago.
And all I take from your comment is that RC needs to educate their Sales Staff on what they have and not have.
I am feeling a little sold on the redundancy they claimed to have.
And when it comes to price "you get what you pay for" does not work for me.
We all looked at a price, but also decided based on their promise and the capabilities they claimed.  
Photo of LIGHTNER

LIGHTNER

• 254 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Mike I'm with you - I'm feeling I was oversold as well.
Photo of Ankudovich

Ankudovich

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Just back up and working now!
Photo of Justin Davis

Justin Davis

• 370 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Yep, working for us again as well! Whew!
Photo of Emily Ward

Emily Ward

• 50 Points
Just tried our line again and the call went through!
Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

• 28,432 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Conference bridge also not working.  Meaning, when you call the number

1+(267) 930-4000

it answers, but when you enter your host or participant code, it says invalid code.
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

Danno- is this resolved? 
Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

• 28,432 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Yep - thank you!
Photo of Wendi Kali

Wendi Kali

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
We're back up, too, here in MA.
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

PLEASE EVERYONE TEST!! and let  me know if you are back online
(Edited)
Photo of Masada 2

Masada 2

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Back up, but the amount of business we lost is unacceptable
Photo of Home Helpers

Home Helpers

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
We are back up and working now.
Photo of Justin Davis

Justin Davis

Yes, we are back as well.
Photo of Jeremy Miller

Jeremy Miller

• 808 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
How about you tell us if it is back up and stable!? How are we supposed to know if it is back up for good or not? 
Photo of Shannon Maggs

Shannon Maggs, Champion

back up in Pittburgh
Photo of John Chavez

John Chavez

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Back online in NJ. Wish there was a notification of these issues instead of finding out through our clients. We had no answers for them. Very unacceptable and unprofessional!!! Keep up the good work!!
Photo of LeAnn Lewis

LeAnn Lewis

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
We're up. We tested 7 of our branches.
Photo of Iris Engelson

Iris Engelson

• 740 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
We are back up - but unhappy with how this was handled.
Photo of Joe Gottschall

Joe Gottschall, Champion

• 282 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Case 04805808 - calls are working in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
Photo of Jodie Allen

Jodie Allen

• 184 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Case 04806152 is working - is this a permanent fix or temporary?
Photo of Puckett

Puckett

• 60 Points
Clients complaining about RC line not forwarding local calls - Rochester NY testing line from Florida functions normally - need this resolved ASAP
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

@Puckett - that seems to be a different issue from this. Please contact support to troubleshoot you issue. 
Photo of Joe Mari

Joe Mari

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Please advise as to what caused this issue and what RC will be doing to resolve it....  Thank You
Photo of Marian

Marian, Champion

• 192 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
It appears we just came back up - please confirm the issue is fixed
Photo of Shannon Maggs

Shannon Maggs, Champion

Tested and seems to be working!
Photo of David Sim

David Sim, Champion

• 366 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
They seem to be ringing through now.

We are a 24hr business. Our last incoming call made it through at 5:50am cst. I can't be sure that any other calls were attempted but it's usually a busier time for us. Our night person knew there was an issue because a client emailed saying our phones were down. Luckily we have some loyal clients like that but our clients shouldn't have to do your job.

You have clients all over the globe and you have to wait for those clients to tell you when your system is fubared? How about hire one guy to call and when he can't get through, have him turn one of those green dots on your Service Status page, red. Or have a machine do it. Not me or my clients. Thanks
Photo of Pete Weinman

Pete Weinman

THe worst part is that their own online support system showed "all green" (see my earlier post) hours after they were seemingly aware.  I spent 30 minutes on hold and an hour playing with settings I did not understand trying to figure out what was wrong, thinking it HAD to be on my end.  Now I have to figure out hwo to put my own system settings back in order.  ANohter monumental task.  
Photo of David Sim

David Sim, Champion

That's most likely because they weren't even aware the entire network was down until their customers notified them. Even if you were able to get through to phone support, chances are you'd reach someone who also wasn't aware there was an issue. They really need to work on communication. Also pretty odd that Ringcentral's phones rang through. They must be using a different provider.

Watch the facebook post about the outage disappear within a couple of hours.
Photo of DIS-BATCH

DIS-BATCH

Service is back up...5minutes ago...

Mike Hertelt 230

We are up again after one hour of wondering and little response from Support.

But at least we were all kept busy with having to create the same case, which crashed their help center.

Wow.

Photo of Joseph

Joseph

• 1,020 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
04806216 - keep us updated. This bad. Very bad.
The fact that we couldn't forward our phone lines to cell numbers was really frustrating. That option was one of the reasons why we took the risk of going to a VOIP provider.
Also,  RingCentral should have a quick email blast system in place to notify their customers of disruptions. After all, you are a communications company, so how about you communicate with us and let us know exactly what we can do and can't do (i.e. call forwarding is or isn't working etc)?!  This would avoid us wasting so much time trying to fix something we have no control over.
Photo of DIS-BATCH

DIS-BATCH

ok service is back, lick your wounds and move on...this was the 1st outage in over 3 years and Ring Central does not advertise as being a Carrier Class service provider that must offer the 5-9's of network performance...99.999% up-time......that is why Ring Central costs a fraction of the price for the same service offered by ATT or Verizon. You get what you pay for and for over 3 years without a glitch I think they are doing a pretty good job...and yes my company lost revenue as well during this outage. You need to engineer your own level of redundancy in case Ring Central fails, like having a few POTS lines (landlines) that you can forward traffic to.
Photo of Shannon Maggs

Shannon Maggs, Champion

I agree on some of that - but there's no ability for a user/admin to forward the phone number itself when the actual line is down.  You can forward numbers in programming - but not if the actual call isn't connecting.  That has to be done at the carrier level (at least, as far as I know).  If there was, I agree that would be a great backup plan.   
Photo of DIS-BATCH

DIS-BATCH

It all depends on your setup. For my company, I have a landline that I forward myself to the Ring central 800 number and I give that number out on my auto-signature along with my main 800 number. If the 800 fails I manually stop forwarding the landline to my 800 number so it rings directly. At least this gives my customers an alternate number to call. It is only 1 number so it's busy non-stop when the 800 number fails but at least it is something so I am not down 100%.
Photo of David Sim

David Sim, Champion

I kept my main business number on AT&T for years for just that reason. I finally decided that it was worth the risk of downtime to get away from AT&T completely. My only complaint about this occurrence and others like it in the past (it hasn't been 3 years since my last outage. Maybe 1 year.) is that RC never seems to know it's happening until they get inundated with calls. It wouldn't be hard at all to truly monitor their network so an engineer can begin working on it immediately rather than waiting for multiple customers to complain.

Besides all that, still better than AT&T by a long shot.
Photo of DIS-BATCH

DIS-BATCH

I agree with you David 100% about RC not properly monitoring their own network for outages. That I cannot figure out...it seems like they rely on their users to inform them on outages within their own network which needs to change ASAP. I honestly do not remember an outage more recent that 3 years ago..maybe it was off hours for me for my 800 number is used from 06:00-18:00 CST M-F and outside of those hours we respond to voice-mails. Maybe other outages happened when my phones were not being manned.  I am also very glad to have gotten away from ATT. Funny thing though....ATT is now a business partner with Ring Central and ATT is actually recommending Ring Central for business solutions
Photo of Pete Weinman

Pete Weinman

My case number is 04806396
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

Thursday, July 14, 2016 8:23 AM MT
The issue has been resolved, all inbound and outbound calls are completing as expected. We will continue to investigate the root cause of the issue.

(Edited)
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

Official Response
A Reason for Outage (RFO) will be released within 5-7 business days.  

There are two way you can receive this:
  1. Contact Support in about 5-7 business days and request the RFO for Parent 04805745 INC-17616.
  2. In order to receive the RFO automatically you must have a case open and tagged correctly.  If you have a case opened and have not provided me with the case number, please list it here so that we can tag them (usually the support agent does this before escalating but you can still provide me with your case number if you want me to verify the tag).  If you have not yet opened a case and you wish to receive an automatic RFO, please open a web case now and put this as the Case Subject:  Inbound calling issues | Parent 04805745 INC-17616.  Then give me the case number here. 
Photo of Matt Dark

Matt Dark

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Case Number: 04806865
Photo of Mark Clifford

Mark Clifford

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Case 04805886 for RFO
Photo of Jodie Allen

Jodie Allen

• 184 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Case 04806152 For RFO
(Edited)
Photo of Jeff Wilder

Jeff Wilder

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Case Number: 04806123

Photo of Iris Engelson

Iris Engelson

Well, I'm trying to do this but every time I try to get to the support page, I get into an infinite loop trying to log in.   So:  (a) I want the RFO and (b) I want to be able to access the support page and (c) I'm getting pretty frustrated.
Photo of Ivan Petrovic

Ivan Petrovic

• 50 Points
yes me too. I can't submit the case at the point. I want the RFO as well.
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

I will submit one for you.  Standby and I'll give you case number for your records....
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

Iris - 04807230

Mike Hertelt 230

I can not login to the help center either, it worked earlier but now I also get the endless loop. Please create a case and I like a RFO as well.
Thanks.
Photo of Iris Engelson

Iris Engelson

Thank you.  But I would also like to know if you are fixing the problem with logging into the support page.  And, on another topic, getting congratulatory emails about what a good job I'm doing racking up "points" by my activity on this site is rather adding insult to injury, don't you think?
Photo of REAL ESTATE

REAL ESTATE

• 72 Points
I am unable to submit a case too, same loop from "get help to login page". Can I also get the RFO?
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

Ivan - 04807279 
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

Mike H - 04807299 / 04807517
(Edited)
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

If you are unable to open a web case I can do it for you ONLY if you are logged into the Community through SSO using your RC Credentials. 
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

Real Estate - Stephanie  04807318 
Photo of Justin Davis

Justin Davis

Just created a case to get the RFO - number 04807489

Thanks!
Photo of Justin Davis

Justin Davis

Just created a case to get the RFO - number 04807489

Thanks!
Photo of Emily Ward

Emily Ward

• 50 Points
We were working fine, but seem to be having issue again. Faxes don't seem to be coming through and I just was unable to transfer a call- which has never happened before- my coworker said it was like it was trying to call me back- and I am unable to open case - I keep getting returned to the login page! This is very frustrating!! 
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

• 43,854 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Emily - i just sent 2 test faxes and they were received successfully. Please create a new thread if you need further assistance as this is unrelated to today's earlier issue. 
Photo of Pete

Pete

• 558 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I only came into this thread because of two very short outages about 5 minutes ago.  All our phones said offline for a few seconds.  I wasn't even aware of the outage earlier today (we weren't open for business yet and we use an outside answering service due to previous Ringcentral reliability issues.)
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

That issue is unrelated to this mornings issue which is now resolved.  Your issue sounds like it may have been an ISP glitch or local network hiccup. 
Please create a new thread if you need further assistance as this is unrelated to today's earlier issue. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.