12/16/16: Problem logging into RingCentral Desktop, Meetings and Mobile applications. (Resolved: 9:50 am MST)

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
Our engineering team is working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. 

If you are affected, please open a support case and copy and paste the following Parent Case info into the title of the case. 

Parent Case 05277331,   INC-18413.

We'll update this thread as information becomes available or the issue is resolved. Please click the Follow button at the top of this page to receive email updates. 
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 92,896 Points 50k badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Jesus Anaya

Jesus Anaya, Champion

• 898 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
At what point are we entitled to credits on our bill or some kind of compensation? Revenue is being lost all sorts of ways right now.

Also, when and if this is resolved, will we get a full and detailed explanation, on what went wrong and what will be done to prevent these outages in the future?
Photo of Jesus Anaya

Jesus Anaya, Champion

• 898 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Okay, looks like we are back up.. My questions stand though...
Photo of Justin Davis

Justin Davis

• 370 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
In the past they have provided a "reason for outage" though it usually takes several days. You would just need to have a ticket with the parent case mentioned in this thread.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Correct Justin,  This is why we tag individual cases to a Parent case, so that all users who opened cases, get the RFO. And yes, It usually takes a few days for the final RFO to be completed. 
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Jesus Anaya,  On the subject of issuing credits, you'll need to contact your account manager and discuss the details as these incidents almost always affect users differently. 
Photo of Christopher Panades

Christopher Panades

• 360 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Parent Case 05277331, INC-18413..

Unable to log into Ring Central Windows Application.
Photo of Mathew Nguyen

Mathew Nguyen

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
RC Meetings and Softphones are back up for us. 
Photo of JOSEPH

JOSEPH

• 486 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
logged in now.. thanks
Photo of DEPOT

DEPOT

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Unable to open case for Parent Case 05277331,   INC-18413
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

converting post to ticket

Please reference the new conversation here: RFO for Parent Case 05277331, INC-18413.
Photo of Deron Wilkes

Deron Wilkes

• 190 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Will there be an explanation as to what caused this outage and what is being done to mitigate future occurrences?  I believe we, as your customers, deserve an explanation as to why this continues to occur and what you are doing to minimize this interruptions.  Each time there is a failure, we, your customers, lose money and yet there is no impact on our invoices.  The reliability of our phone system is EXTREMELY important in my line of work and I truly have concerns - we are a health care provider and our inability to maintain our call center could easily impact the health of our customers.

Photo of Cecile Glassy

Cecile Glassy, Champion

• 18,630 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Our management is already asking for an explanation as well. 
Photo of Cecile Glassy

Cecile Glassy, Champion

8:30am Our HUD service has been restored in Santa Clara CA  USA.
Photo of OnCallAnswer

OnCallAnswer

• 2,008 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
My call center is back up in Lakeland Florida, hopefully they will workout a back up plan for the future
Photo of Carrie Cortez

Carrie Cortez

• 60 Points
Unable to open case for Parent Case 05278995,   INC-18413
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

We are receiving quite a few reports of users now getting logged in. I'll provide another update when I have confirmation the issue is officially resolved. 
Photo of Cecile Glassy

Cecile Glassy, Champion

The service status portal is reporting that is has been resolved - however we have seen "FINAL" reports that it has been resolved when it was not resolved for our users. (that happened again yesterday)  Maybe you can suggest that before pronouncing something as FINAL in the RC notification robot, they should check with more customers to see if it really is resolved?
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Update 9:33 am MST:  RingCentral Operations teams have applied a workaround that has resolved the issue with accessing mobile, desktop and RingCentral Meetings applications.

If anyone continues to have this issue, please open a support case. 

Photo of Eric L

Eric L

• 2,608 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
I agree with the others in asking for an explanation as to what exactly happened, and why issues like this continue to occur.  We, as your customers, have no idea if you have any backup systems/plans in place for occurrences like these, and 5 hours without proper phone functionality is damaging to most businesses.  Our agency was lucky in the fact that we open at 9am EST, so we were only affected for half of that time, but it affects us nonetheless.
Photo of OnCallAnswer

OnCallAnswer

We answer phone for over 100 Hospitals, Skilled nursing facilities and Doctors offices. I have several Doctors that would like an explanation or they will explore other options which may cost me dearly.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Official Response
An RFO (Reason for Outage) will be send to all users who opened a case for this incident.  

Even if your system is now working, you can still open a support case and  in the case notes just state:  

"Request RFO for Parent Case 05277331,   INC-18413."

(Edited)
Photo of OnCallAnswer

OnCallAnswer

Thanks for this info but I seriously doubt it. No offense to you or your job to keep people informed but there are serious ongoing issues with service. I open a ticket Sunday night with a promise below to have an update with in 24 hours. Have yet to hear anything
Hello Steven Darling,

Your case #05259064 has been updated.

Latest Comment:
Hello,

My name is Jesson, with RingCentral Customer Care Team and I will be working with you on this case.

I have received your case and will be checking on your account to help you better with your concern.

You will receive an update within 24 hours.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

OnCallAnswer

An RFO is not issued for all incidents. I'll take a look at that ticket and escalate if necessary.
(Edited)
Photo of Cecile Glassy

Cecile Glassy, Champion

Mike --- it will still not even allow us to open a case Unable to open case for Parent Case 05277331,   INC-18413 for SCUSD here,   it just keeps trying to re-force a login to the Admin Portal.   Please make sure ours is added as a valid case as my management is requesting a detailed answer about this issue.
(Edited)
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

I'll add yours for you Cecile.  But, can you try clearing your cache & cookies, close all browsers, then relaunch and try again and tell me if you can then log in? 
Photo of Cecile Glassy

Cecile Glassy, Champion

Thanks for the suggestion, I did this before posting the last note above. Still unable.
Photo of Eric L

Eric L

One of the agents here called about this issue when it happened on Friday, and we had a case opened under a separate number.  When I saw your reply here saying to put "Request RFO..." in the case notes, I went to our open case and pasted that into the comments yesterday, additionally requesting the RFO be sent to my email address.  As of right now, I have yet to receive the RFO.  How soon can I expect to receive it?

Our open case number is 05277740.
Photo of DEPOT

DEPOT

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled RFO for Parent Case 05277331, INC-18413..

Unable to open case for Parent Case 05277331,   INC-18413

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: 12/16/16: Problem logging into RingCentral Desktop, Meetings and Mobile applicat....
Photo of Eric L

Eric L

How soon are we supposed to receive this RFO?
Photo of OnCallAnswer

OnCallAnswer

Most likely no answer a week later