1800 wrong company forwarding

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate. If you have a related question on this subject, please post a new topic.

We've been assigned a temporary 1877 toll free number, but we (in canada) are getting calls from clients in Denver Colorado, looking for window washing services, called Wash Squad. Funny enough, we have a window cleaning company as well, but we are not in the US at all. How are these clients being forwarded to us? How was this number given away to another company when it is assigned to us?
Photo of Desk

Desk

• 70 Points

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Brandon

Brandon, Champion

• 19,550 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
I can speculate on ways this could happen, but since you said it is temporary would it be a problem to cancel it and get another number?  I see this from time to time and typically I assume it was a working number for another company that went out of business, etc.  Even years later people may dial it up from a web page or phone book, etc.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 91,080 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Desk... I think Brandon is correct.  I'm in Denver and I did a Google search and the 877 number comes up in their Google Local Listing. However, when you go to their site, it's not shown, only a local 303 number is there.  So, they most likely owned this number at one time and then let it go and never updated their Google profile.

Mike

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.