1- Continue to receive partial faxes.2- On occasion fax tone does not engage so the system thinks it is a telephone call.

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution, has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate.  If you have questions or comments related to this to thread, please create a new topic, or post to anot

For some time now we receive partial faxes from customers. Only a few pages actually come through.

Customers have complained of fax not "picking up" and they hear ringing and ringing but not fax tone.
Photo of Mike Alder

Mike Alder

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Chino Gringo

Chino Gringo

• 62 Points
Yes!!! I am experiencing the same issues. At first it was just 3 particular numbers I receive faxes from; however, I just received another partial fax from a different number. I opened a case yesterday afternoon and I have yet to receive any notice that RC got my complaint.
Photo of Ben Foster

Ben Foster, Alum

• 6,124 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello, Mike - when people call in and fail to get a fax tone, how are they trying to fax you? It is possible that their fax machine isn't communicating properly with our servers. Also, partially failed faxes are an unfortunate reality of faxing. The industry standard is an 8% failure rate. If you think your failure rate is higher than this, let me know and I'll see what we can do.
Photo of Scott Hemberger

Scott Hemberger

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
8%??? I have had this for 6 days now and my failure rate on outgoing and incoming is more like 90%. Total Crap. If the free trial was longer than 7 days maybe tech support would actually have time to sort out the issues, but I have a feeling it isn't just me anyway.
Photo of Wes

Wes

• 60 Points
Maybe RingCentral failure rate is 8%, but for the past 10 years we have had about a 1% failure rate with other fax service providers. We just switched to your service and are having tremendous problems from fax machines we have never had an issue with before. Why would we have so much more trouble with RingCentral servers?
Photo of David Ischayek

David Ischayek

• 172 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
out of 27 incoming faxes I have 6 partial received and 2 failed = 30% fail rate. Please tell me if there is anything I can do to fix this.
Photo of Contactus 1000

Contactus 1000

• 60 Points
This is a HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, BUSINESS KILLING PROBLEM WITH RINGCENTRAL. We just got set up a few weeks ago with RingCentral, and while we don't get many faxes these days, its essential that we receive a fax when its sent.

We receive the top inch of a the page (all white), or a .tiff file that cannot be viewed in an image viewer, or even opened and enlarged in Photoshop (.tiff dimensions are extremely small).

Bad joo joo, as they say.

We're shopping around again.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.