2 Company # , one reception

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate. If you have a related question on this subject, please post a new topic.

Hi,

currently testing ringcentral.

We have two companies in the same building. Both companies have their own main number but we only have one reception with one phone?

How can this be done that both main numbers go to their own Auto Reception and when the operator is require it goes to the same receptionist on one phone?
Photo of Axel

Axel

• 70 Points

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

• 27,736 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Axel, first of all there is only one auto receptionist available at this time. so either that recording directs people for Company 1 press 1 for company 2 press 2.

If you do not want that type of thing then you could route each company number to its own extension and use a greeting on that extension

Or if you have a phone that supports presense, then you could assign different extensions to a button on the phone so you know what call is for what company

Make sense?

Let us know

Thank you

Chuck
Certified Ring Central Installer
ckfuscone@yahoo.com
Photo of Ben Foster

Ben Foster, Alum

• 6,124 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Axel - on one of the phone systems, set the operator extension as the receptionist. Then, in the other system, set up a dummy extension as the operator extension and use the receptionist's phone number as a forwarding number in there. See the below - on this extension, my cell phone is the only forwarding number.

Photo of greg mccormick

greg mccormick

• 62 Points
I am trying to do the same thing but do not understand this recommended solution.
Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

• 27,736 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Greg, lots has happened since that last post almost a year ago.  RC now has a multi level IVR and it works great.  This feature is available in the Premium and Enterprise plans

So if you are on standard today you would have to upgrade.

Then you will have this feature and it could be configured for as many companies and greetings as you like.

I have many customers using this today and it works very well.

Let me know how I could assist

Thanks

Chuck
Certified Ring Central Installer
chuckfuscone@gmail.com

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.