4/3/2018 - Server Error/Phone Connectivity Issues (Resolved)

• Problem
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: No longer needed

We have customers reporting issues with logging into their online portal and phones having connectivity problems. We are currently looking into this. Please follow this thread to receive updates.

As of now, please create a case and include HAR Logs (if you cannot log into your online portal).

Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

• 67,970 Points 50k badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 94,088 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
For those of you who are able to open a case online.  Please copy and paste  the following into the Title and/or Case Notes. 

Parent Case 06990427  INC-20605
(Edited)
Photo of Lisa

Lisa, Champion

• 1,910 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Unable to open a case. System is down. 
Photo of Ryan Jones

Ryan Jones

• 70 Points
Done, was able to open a case.  Used the parent case as outlined above.
Photo of Lisa

Lisa, Champion

@ryan Finally! The page loads! What did you select under the "I need assistance with" dropdown?  
Photo of Ryan Jones

Ryan Jones

• 70 Points
I chose softphone -> making a call.  Our desk phones are minimally impacted.  This appears to be authentication related, as we get "server errors" or inability to login to the softphone app on Windows.  The portal was a bit slow, but it loaded after a few moments.

I took this route to open the case after waiting on hold with the partner support group for 25 minutes.
Photo of Lisa

Lisa, Champion

Thank you for your help, Ryan!! I am the Admin of our account and no one can log in on their apps or online and phones are not working. I called in and could not get through to anyone. I was actually calling in about something totally different and then started getting messages from our team of their issues. I appreciate your help! That worked to get a case open! 
Photo of Chris Dickey

Chris Dickey

• 74 Points
For what it's worth to those who can utilize the smartphone app. I am able to send and receive calls from my Android RC Phone app.
Photo of Vineesh Menon

Vineesh Menon

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Same here.  That saved our day.
Photo of Jay Nichols

Jay Nichols

• 2,840 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Refresh the page.  Mine was stuck too, until I hit refresh.  
Photo of Joe Stolz

Joe Stolz

• 234 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

It is interesting how the service status, which I cannot log into, seems to be stuck on "No Known Issues".
Photo of Tony Lee

Tony Lee

• 210 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
ditto, so DUMB and STUPID to ask us to log in to use support ticket when we cannot even do so due to outage
Photo of Tony Lee

Tony Lee

• 210 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
how can i create a case when I cannot log into ring central portal? that is the dumbest thing you can ask us clients to do?  I am in Oklahoma City, OK.  Looks like your whole system is down everywhere?
Photo of EPalombizio

EPalombizio, Champion

• 1,542 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
FWIW, in our WA office our phones and access to RC's web site went down when connecting to it over our Level3 connection. Once we swapped over to Comcast, connectivity was restored.. This isn't the first time this issue has affected connectivity via one WAN circuit and not another. No problems reported in our CT office BTW.
Photo of Robert Jerina

Robert Jerina

• 2,460 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
"RingCentral is investigating an issue impacting our west coast datacenter."

I'm on the east coast, why are my users all going through the west coast datacenter??? That seems inefficient and kind of proves that RingCentral has some major single points of failure...
Photo of Nessa

Nessa

• 74 Points
Austin, Texas here - I can't log in to create a case. Please let us know what your ETA for a fix is.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 94,088 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
If you are unable to open a case, or get through to Telephone Support or Live Chat, please click the follow button at the top of this page. We'll post updates as information becomes available. 
Photo of Neidy DeJesus

Neidy DeJesus

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hi Mike, is there an ETA for when this will be fixed?  Thanks.
Photo of Shelly Wood

Shelly Wood

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled ETA on technical issue? We can not log in.

We can not get in the system...our entire business runs on RC
Photo of Jon Call

Jon Call

• 60 Points
Down in MN.
Photo of Leodawn Mansueto

Leodawn Mansueto

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
down in TN
Photo of isr2056 dcc

isr2056 dcc

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Techinical Issue.

Our Call Center is down because of a "server error" when attempting to use our dialer
Photo of Jim Rueschhoff

Jim Rueschhoff

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Just signed a contract with RingCentral. Servers go down before I can even set up our account. Do you guys see issues frequently? This certainly gives me anxiety about staying with this platform.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Photo of Don O'Neill

Don O'Neill

Yea, it's not all the time, but it is more than it was with our old phone system. We've been with them since September I think, and this is the third time we've gone down. Both other times it was not for long, maybe 5-10 min. This is the worst issue I've had with them in the 6 months since we've had them. It is making me re-think options tho. My entire company is idle right now.
Photo of Mike Bottos

Mike Bottos

• 188 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Been with RC for about 4 months now. Second outage like this.
Photo of Mike Bottos

Mike Bottos

• 188 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Been with RC for about 4 months now. Second outage like this.
Photo of Karina Ibanez

Karina Ibanez

• 374 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
RC is great when its up and working properly but getting support when you have issues is like pulling teeth. They have a few company crippling outages a year which seem to be more frequent now. The outages seem to cause subsequent problems that they then try to blame on set ups issues even though everything would be working fine for months before their outages. We are starting to look at other options as well. 
Photo of Lisa

Lisa, Champion

After RingCentral changed their terminology and charged us for usage that used to be free, we started looking for other options. We looked simply because we do not trust them anymore. We did not find anything that could do what we need, so we are still with RingCentral and will not sign a contract. 
Photo of Will Simon

Will Simon

• 1,246 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
LA-based with an office in NY as well. We are unable to log in to RingCental.app (macOS), iOS, service.ringcentral.com etc. I am unable to open a case because I cannot log in, so I'm making a note here for record. 

NY users cannot log in as well. Seems as though Glip users are OK if they are logged in, but cannot get back online if they log out.
Photo of Will Simon

Will Simon

• 1,246 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
0800PST: Was just able to log in to the Admin Web Portal. Was able to log in to the Service Status page, but the page doesn't load fully.
Photo of SPAANS

SPAANS

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Down in NJ
Photo of Eric Trull

Eric Trull

• 74 Points
Down in Florida - Call center operating entire North American Operations. Twice in less than 30 days...
Photo of Rolf Gulab

Rolf Gulab

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled We can't login to our Ring Central account, started an hour ago. Please advise.

We can't login to our Ring Central account, started an hour ago. Please advise 
Photo of Brian Santostefano

Brian Santostefano

• 60 Points
Down in Chicago. 
Down in Minnesota, Iowa and Nebraska. Users not getting Email Notification of Voicemail left, cannot check messages from phone receive a busy signal, cannot login to web portal, cannot login to check support status, had some users with URL disabled but, that may have cleared. 
Michigan, we're down.  We've also been repeatedly experiencing the "must exit and restart the app to receive calls and voicemails" issue, and with this new server issue causing my phones to be offline I am very definitely leaning towards pursuing other options.  Not once has my account manager reached out to me to offer any sort of condolences or apologies for the fact that I've logged 6 tickets over the last month with issues.

Extremely poor service and results.
Photo of SPAANS

SPAANS

Same experience here, DTMF tones don't work fully anymore, and we have to exit as well.
Photo of Hur

Hur

• 70 Points
Issue resolved ! Atleast app is working 
Photo of Hur

Hur

• 70 Points
Glip is still down
Photo of Greg Kinloch

Greg Kinloch

• 72 Points
Down in Calgary, AB, Canada

1) Can't login to my RingCentral for Desktop app (Windows)
2) I am able to  login to my online account to forward calls to my cell
3) My Android App works fine - should be able to take calls there
4) My RingCentral Service Status website doesn't want to load https://servicestatus.ringcentral.com/

Case logged with support team
Photo of Eli Hernandez

Eli Hernandez

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I wonder if we will get credit for this down time...
Photo of YFinder

YFinder

Can log in now in FL
Photo of Benjamin Moores

Benjamin Moores

• 60 Points
Down in Houston.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.