4/3/2018 - Server Error/Phone Connectivity Issues (Resolved)

• Problem
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: No longer needed

We have customers reporting issues with logging into their online portal and phones having connectivity problems. We are currently looking into this. Please follow this thread to receive updates.

As of now, please create a case and include HAR Logs (if you cannot log into your online portal).

Photo of Saadet - Community Moderator

Saadet - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 67,700 Points 50k badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Eli Hernandez

Eli Hernandez

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
It is now up in CA...finally!
Photo of Karina Ibanez

Karina Ibanez

• 374 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Took me an hour just to be able to sign in to the community site to post that we are still down. Talked to the support people and even they couldn't access our information through their system. Finally got a hold of someone on chat and was able to create a case. 
Photo of Vineesh Menon

Vineesh Menon

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Back up in India
Photo of Avital Faershtein

Avital Faershtein

• 60 Points
Still not up in Sherman Oaks, CA
(Edited)
Photo of Irene

Irene

• 308 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Up now in NYC, thanks!.
All communication companies have outages. Don't turn this outage into a complainfest about RingCentral. If I wanted this much whining I would stay home with my wife and our six kids under age seven. 
Photo of Mike Stecker

Mike Stecker

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
:hand-clap:
Photo of Eli Hernandez

Eli Hernandez

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Your business must not generate enough income to be part of the "complainfest", but for the companies that do rely completely on RC this was 1hr and 30 minutes of negative income.
No, we are quite successful. However, I firmly believe that patience is needed when you chose a career in IT. Yes, we had some downtime but, we are not saving people's lives, we rent apartments. The old saying Sh!t Happens! 
Photo of Robert Jerina

Robert Jerina

• 2,460 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
No one said you had to be here *wave*

Also not everyone here just rents apartments. Some of us keep large corporations online and in business.
(Edited)
Every company has outages, but I say get the Reason For Outage (RFO) before making any judgments about changing VoIP providers. I don't envy their task and that is why I outsource VoIP, but I do expect reliable service for my clients and redundancies that should avoid outages when power goes out or fiber is cut in an isolated incident. I have worked with a few big VoIP providers and overall I believe RingCentral is the best choice. 
Photo of Robert Jerina

Robert Jerina

• 2,460 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
We switched to a cloud VoIP provider for redundancy and stability. In all our years with RC we've not had redundancy. Every time there is an outage like this, it's an outage localized in one region. This time, it was a routing issue in a west coast datacenter. Redundancy if it existed here, would have meant my east coast business wouldn't have been part of this outage.
Photo of Chris Duquette

Chris Duquette, Champion

• 16,658 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
i too wonder why im in florida and my service site shows RED X's all over all of my customers.....yet i can still dial out...i'm not as tech savvy as it sounds like some of you are, but wondering what happened to the line i got when i switched and started switching my customers "you will always have service" & "we have servers and hosting everywhere to make sure drops if they ever happen are small". granted this was quick for the size of the scope of work that needed to be handled but just dont make it a selling point if its too hard to be kept.
Photo of Chris Duquette

Chris Duquette, Champion

• 16,658 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
i too wonder why im in florida and my service site shows RED X's all over all of my customers.....yet i can still dial out...i'm not as tech savvy as it sounds like some of you are, but wondering what happened to the line i got when i switched and started switching my customers "you will always have service" & "we have servers and hosting everywhere to make sure drops if they ever happen are small". granted this was quick for the size of the scope of work that needed to be handled but just dont make it a selling point if its too hard to be kept.
I would like a Reason For Outage (RFO) on this Parent Case 06990427  INC-20605.

I just sent an email requesting this. 
Photo of Will Simon

Will Simon

• 1,244 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Definitely could be some weird routing outside of RC's control..but posting this so they're aware, and may want to update BGP tables.
Just picked a random IP from their list of Supernets
Not sure if this is relevant, but the main fiber provider in our area is peered with RingCentral so there isn't any outside routing to get to sip.ringcentral.com for example. Even with this we still had issues with clients on fiber peered with RingCentral. 
Photo of Will Simon

Will Simon

Good to know. Just thought it was strange I was passing through Japan and back. I'm not seeing any drops to sip.ringcentral.com so that's a good sign (12hops). Service is coming back for most of our users in LA and NY at this time as well.

Official Response
Hello Everyone,

We continue to receive reports that systems are coming back online for our customers. We will continue to investigate to ensure that all services are fully restored.   
Photo of BRELLENTHIN

BRELLENTHIN

• 220 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Parent Case 06990427 INC-20605.

Down again in MN

Update 4/3/18 at 11 am PST

We have confirmed that the issue with logging into RingCentral Phone (for Windows/Mac), RingCentral Meetings, and Glip are functioning properly. However, we are still investigating an issue with MMS failure.
Photo of Brian Horner

Brian Horner

• 94 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Live Reports are still down. I'm assuming that's a feature of the MMS system which you are still investigating?

Hey Brian, if you haven't done so already, please open a case for the Live Reports issue so we can look into it
Photo of Brian Horner

Brian Horner

• 94 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Done! Thank you.

You're welcome!
Photo of Tina

Tina

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Our phones seems to be working but we cannot access our reports, call logs or any activity on line.. Location is Orlando, Florida area. Tried to submit a case but it wouldn't work. 

• 67,550 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Tina, could you provide more details of the issue? Are you unable to reach Reports/Call Log or is no data showing on the page? Screen shots of any error message you may be receiving would be helpful
Photo of Tina

Tina

I'm having trouble loading a screen shot. I'll try it again. 
Photo of Tina

Tina

Please see the screen shot below. I was logged in as the admin and was trying to pull up our call log activity. I've been trying all afternoon. 

https://community.ringcentral.com/ringcentral/topics/4-3-2018-server-error-phone-connectivity-issues?topic-reply-list[settings][filter_by]=all&topic-reply-list[settings][page]=4
(Edited)

Hey Tina, thank you so much for sharing. My Tier 3 was able to replicate this on their end so please open a case so we can further investigate it!
Photo of Tina

Tina

Case submitted. Thank you.

Anytime!
Photo of Hamilton Scott

Hamilton Scott

• 70 Points
Still having issues with meetings in Dallas, Texas

Hey Hamilton, could you specify what's going on?
Photo of Hamilton Scott

Hamilton Scott

• 70 Points
One of my users is reporting: "Ring Central is not working -- each time I try to initiate a meeting, I'm getting an error on the phone (this meeting ID does not exist).

If I initiate via the desktop app, it immediately goes to a window showing "this meeting has been ended by the host". "

Hmmmm....is this happening for only one user? Is this happening for a scheduled Meeting? Do they have a screen shot of the error message? I don't think I've run into that error message before.

Update 4/3/18 at 12:30 pm PST

We have received confirmation that MMS services have been restored. We are continuing to monitor all other services.
Photo of Jeff Chicca

Jeff Chicca

• 60 Points
Still having problems in California.  Some phones will not ring, but goes directly to the cell phones.  Also, unable to log into the portal as a super user.  tried to reset my password, but says I don't have a account.  

Hi Jeff, that is extremely odd! If you haven't already done so, please contact our Support Team

Update 4/4/2018 at 11:02 am PST

Hey Everyone! Quick update - we are continuing to monitor all services at this moment. 

If you're experiencing any issues, please contact our Support Team
Photo of Will Simon

Will Simon

Has a root cause been determined for this outage? 

Hey Will, you can contact your Account Manager regarding the details of this incident.
Photo of Will Simon

Will Simon

We've had a case open, and have been in touch with them...radio silence.
Is there not a cause that can be posted publicly for all to see? 

Hey Will,

I'm going to follow up with your Account Manager on getting you more info! I don't have any details but I know that we are currently working on implementing a better system to communicate to our customers during service interruptions.
Photo of Lisa

Lisa, Champion

• 1,910 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi, Saadet! 

I would like to have that information as well. Our Account Manager told me the day after this incident (when I was finally able to get ahold of him) that our service was not out and we were not part of that outage. We clearly had no service for about two hours at the beginning of the outage. 

Thank you for all you do, Saadet!

Hey Lisa! I don't have the information personally, but I'll follow up with your Account Manager. Often times, it takes a few days to almost a week for the investigation to complete which is probably why they didn't have much information for you at the time of your inquiry.
Photo of Lisa

Lisa, Champion

• 1,910 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
That sounds great, Saadet! Thank you very much!!

You're very welcome! 
Photo of Jhon Perker

Jhon Perker

• 70 Points
This is very common logging problem for the user. I appreciate your thinking to read this topic. i getting help to reading your post, but after following your post and create all step I face a minor problem so I go to Microsoft edge support for help, they told me the solution which will have a need to follow.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.