4/3/2018 - Server Error/Phone Connectivity Issues (Resolved)

• Problem
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: No longer needed

We have customers reporting issues with logging into their online portal and phones having connectivity problems. We are currently looking into this. Please follow this thread to receive updates.

As of now, please create a case and include HAR Logs (if you cannot log into your online portal).

Photo of Saadet - Community Moderator

Saadet - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 67,700 Points 50k badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Brandon Dudley

Brandon Dudley

• 194 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
You probably should change the service status...
Photo of Tony Lee

Tony Lee

• 210 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
how can i create a case when I cannot log into ring central portal? that is the dumbest thing you can ask us clients to do?  I am in Oklahoma City, OK.  Looks like your whole system is down everywhere?
Photo of Robert Jerina

Robert Jerina

• 2,460 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
"RingCentral is investigating an issue impacting our west coast datacenter."

I'm on the east coast, why are my users all going through the west coast datacenter??? That seems inefficient and kind of proves that RingCentral has some major single points of failure...
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,998 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
If you are unable to open a case, or get through to Telephone Support or Live Chat, please click the follow button at the top of this page. We'll post updates as information becomes available. 
Photo of Neidy DeJesus

Neidy DeJesus

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hi Mike, is there an ETA for when this will be fixed?  Thanks.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,998 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Sorry we do not have an ETA available at this time.  Our engineers are working diligently to resolve the issue.  We are getting reports that some users are getting back online. We'll post more updates here as information becomes available. 
All communication companies have outages. Don't turn this outage into a complainfest about RingCentral. If I wanted this much whining I would stay home with my wife and our six kids under age seven. 
Photo of Robert Jerina

Robert Jerina

No one said you had to be here *wave*

Also not everyone here just rents apartments. Some of us keep large corporations online and in business.
(Edited)
Every company has outages, but I say get the Reason For Outage (RFO) before making any judgments about changing VoIP providers. I don't envy their task and that is why I outsource VoIP, but I do expect reliable service for my clients and redundancies that should avoid outages when power goes out or fiber is cut in an isolated incident. I have worked with a few big VoIP providers and overall I believe RingCentral is the best choice. 
Photo of Robert Jerina

Robert Jerina

We switched to a cloud VoIP provider for redundancy and stability. In all our years with RC we've not had redundancy. Every time there is an outage like this, it's an outage localized in one region. This time, it was a routing issue in a west coast datacenter. Redundancy if it existed here, would have meant my east coast business wouldn't have been part of this outage.
Photo of Chris Duquette

Chris Duquette, Champion

• 16,658 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
i too wonder why im in florida and my service site shows RED X's all over all of my customers.....yet i can still dial out...i'm not as tech savvy as it sounds like some of you are, but wondering what happened to the line i got when i switched and started switching my customers "you will always have service" & "we have servers and hosting everywhere to make sure drops if they ever happen are small". granted this was quick for the size of the scope of work that needed to be handled but just dont make it a selling point if its too hard to be kept.
Photo of Chris Duquette

Chris Duquette, Champion

• 16,658 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
i too wonder why im in florida and my service site shows RED X's all over all of my customers.....yet i can still dial out...i'm not as tech savvy as it sounds like some of you are, but wondering what happened to the line i got when i switched and started switching my customers "you will always have service" & "we have servers and hosting everywhere to make sure drops if they ever happen are small". granted this was quick for the size of the scope of work that needed to be handled but just dont make it a selling point if its too hard to be kept.
I would like a Reason For Outage (RFO) on this Parent Case 06990427  INC-20605.

I just sent an email requesting this. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.