844 Toll Free # Not Porting into RingCentral

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution, has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate. If you have questions or comments related to this to thread, please create a new topic, or post to anot

I just purchased an 844 number at 800forall.com and I just want to port it into RC. I have pored an 800 number from this site before to RC. I called customer care and they told me that I could port it in. So I purchased the 844 number for $39.95. Right after I buy it, RC customer care tells me that I cannot port it in until the first quarter of 2014. If I don't port this number within 30 days, I will lose my money and the 844 #. Bad service from RC. Very unprofessional
Photo of Varun Shekar

Varun Shekar

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • upset with ring central

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Ben Foster

Ben Foster, Alum

• 6,124 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Varun, I'm sorry for the confusion - we do not support 844 numbers at this time. As of December 2013, we support 800, 888, 866 and 855 numbers.
Photo of Adarsh Dattani

Adarsh Dattani

• 60 Points
Hi Ben,

I have an 844 number to port as well. Do you have a timeline when you will support porting of 844 numbers?
Photo of Ben Foster

Ben Foster, Alum

• 6,124 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Adarsh, sorry for the delay. As of our latest platform update, which is rolling out now, users can sign up for new 844 numbers. You should be able to bring in existing 844 numbers, too.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.