A Door Bell that rings RingCentral Phones

• Question
  • Updated 9 months ago
  • Answered
Does anyone know if there is a door bell like device that will ring a RingCentral phone?  Or even Ring into an Group.  I have the need to place a "door bell" at our front entrance for visitors.  But wouldn't it be better if there was some device (or even a cheap simple phone) that the visitor can press/pick up and have that ring multiple phones.
Photo of Luis Sanchez

Luis Sanchez

• 866 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of Cecile Glassy

Cecile Glassy, Champion

• 21,282 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
USA-based acct | 2287 Users | 3800 DID lines | 28 sites | all Polycom VVX500 phone handsets

2019-01-10 There's a strobe device that can connect via SPA controller that folks use in warehouse situations where there's high decibel background-noise, that may work for your application.
Photo of Brandon

Brandon, Champion

• 24,594 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I would look at Viking, Algo and Cyberdata in no particular order.  They all have SIP door phones with various features.  You are also correct you could just put a cheap IP phone outside, but it might not hold up to weather and abuse well.  You should also consider if you want an electronic door lock to work with it.  That usually requires some help from a locksmith to get set up.

Photo of Brandon

Brandon, Champion

• 24,594 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
This is another option that I have several customers using: https://www.aiphone.com/home/products
Photo of Luis Sanchez

Luis Sanchez

• 866 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
You guys are awesome... thanks for the quick replies.  Once I choose an option I'll post back and let you know how it went. 
Photo of Mike Gustavson

Mike Gustavson

• 1,376 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
We're using two of the Algo 8028 which are working great: http://www.algosolutions.com/products/doorphones-security/8028.html

Note that this requires a Limited Extension set up for each one, so there's a cost (very frustrating that our RC salesperson told us this would work fine with no cost....).