A way to download an entire singular sms conversation

• Idea
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • (Edited)
I am a U.S. customer

I have been a customer for over 10 years!

The beta archiver is very clunky and when it backs up it isn't intuitive.  For example.  When it backs up it does this: 

Back up text file 1:   Hi how are you
Back up text file 2:   I am fine.

In short it backs up literally every text to each own text file.  

For our business purposes and to backup certain employee conversations we need the following: 

1. Date selection to backup

2. A selection or some how to pick which number that the conversation to backup is. So if there were 40 different numbers listed and there are sms conversations happening with all.  And we only want to backup the full conversation for the number (000) 111-2222 then we some how should be able to do such.

3.  The download should either be to text, pdf.

This would be a fantastic feature and I think others would appreciate such as feature as well.

Bonus: Add this feature as well to download recorded conversations.  So if conversations happened on multiple occasions for number (000) 111-2222 then this should be able to be selected and then date range.  And it will download each recording to mp3 with date in save title.

Hope this can be provided and provided soon =)

Best regards, 

Long time customer.  
Photo of TMCC

TMCC

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Srikumar Subramaniam

Srikumar Subramaniam, Official Rep

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hello,

I am for the RingCentral product team. Thank you for your feedback and we will add your request to the backlog, evaluate and prioritize it. 

Regarding your Bonus feature ask, I want to clarify if your ask is for multiple call recording to be merged into a single audio file based on the searched timeline?

Thanks
Photo of TMCC

TMCC

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Concerning Bonus: 

Recordings should NOT but merged.

Each recording should just have a time/date stamp next to it for easy finding