- Account type (U.S., Canada, UK, AT&T, Telus, BT) - U.S.
- A brief description of the business - Law Firm
- A high level description of the product or feature being requested - Ability to remote restart all common area phones with a single command
- A typical use case scenario explaining how your business would use the feature - When there are data center issues (we have a direct connect to an east coast data center) or other network issues that forces our Polycom desk phones to reconnect they will fail-over to the public internet connection which we have had several issues with (why we have a direct connect) this is fine in the short term but once the direct connect comes back up the phones won't re-register until a reboot, we can hack out a template to turn HD audio off/on for Users to restart their desk phones, but for our 167 common area phones we have to individually restart them, this is incredibly tedious as it involves going to each phone physically or in the admin portal, physically is almost impossible with 7 different office locations, and in admin portal that 167 can take at least an hour or more assuming there are no interruptions
- Benefit of such feature - Saves time, feature makes perfect sense for a larger organization, not having it requires us to call into support where the expectation that was set for turnaround amounted to "It depends on how busy they are", once the issue is diagnosed and we know what needs to be done it's frustrating having such limited options to administrate our system.
- Number of Users and/or Digital Lines ~600-700
While I appreciate support being 24/7 I'd like the ability to do something as simple as a mass phone restart on our account even if it's just for common area phones since we have an option for users.
We're unable to perform router/switch restarts outside of planned network maintenance windows so that unfortunately doesn't work for us without taking down other necessary systems, and having emergency maintenance windows also doesn't work as we have users here at all hours depending on work load.