Add Alternative Host Feature in RingCentral Meetings

• Idea
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
If you would like to be able to assign an Alternative Host while scheduling an RC Meeting, please vote!

Photo of Saadet - Community Support

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 51,910 Points 50k badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Bradley Bleeker

Bradley Bleeker

• 138 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Sign me up!  This is a great potential feature.
Photo of Alex Yandukin

Alex Yandukin

• 64 Points
A necessary feature if you are unable to attend a meeting you scheduled.
Photo of LOGIC

LOGIC

• 62 Points
Crucial feature to allow users to schedule meetings for each other
Photo of Jeff Driver

Jeff Driver

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
GoToMeeting calls this Co-Organizer.  I think that's why you have lots of people asking for co-hosts, but this is what they really want if you read the comments.
Photo of Sabra Gore

Sabra Gore

• 60 Points

Yes. Could use that feature today.
Photo of Cris Bergin

Cris Bergin

• 64 Points
This is a really important feature. I don't understand why you need your clients to vote on this option before you run with it. Clearly based on all the comments here and other places under "co-hosts" RC should see that this is a NECESSARY feature we all need.
This is a must have feature. Please implement ASAP, we have managers begging for this.
Photo of James Bradd

James Bradd

• 248 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Please please please extend this to webinars! This is present in Zoom and was a huge disappointment when we moved over to RingCentral!
Photo of KHeikoop

KHeikoop

• 104 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
One of the only major drawbacks I have seen coming from GotoMeeting.  Still have a couple weeks left in our RC trial
Photo of Jeff Faber

Jeff Faber

• 62 Points
please please please, this is so important!

Photo of Robert Morris

Robert Morris

• 62 Points
this is a vital feature for our enterprise...we are standardized on RC, but other departments use competitive products.  Before we can go with a single vendor, we need alternate/co-host for standard and webinar meetings, please.
Photo of Matt Anderson

Matt Anderson

• 62 Points
Must have in order to migrate away from GoToMeeting.
Photo of Delaney

Delaney

• 66 Points
We need this to move completely from Webex. 
Photo of K8MEJ

K8MEJ

• 60 Points
We're trying to eliminate our GoToMeeting licensing as well and we need this functionality with RCM.
Photo of Victor Herrera

Victor Herrera

• 62 Points
This would be a great feature to add as your competitors support this. Seems like a basic feature.
Photo of Frank Wilson

Frank Wilson

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Please add alternate host functionality. During training, the Ring Central rep said this functionality was already in place. 
Photo of Frank Wilson

Frank Wilson

Was this functionality approved? The Ring Central rep said this functionality was already in place. 
Photo of Trinh

Trinh

• 322 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Although I couldn't find a Knowledgebase article, this feature is available. There are some settings that needs to be configured before it's usable. 

1) Person A will have to log into their RingCentral account via web browser
2) Go to Settings - User Details - Settings & Permissions
3) There should be a "Schedule Meetings for Me". Click edit, and select Person B. Save.
4) Now, Person B can schedule meetings for Person A (This can only be done from the RingCentral Meetings app, and it'll look like the screenshot from above).

Note: They may need to exit out of the RingCentral Meetings app before this works. (Click on the drop-down next to your name, and select Exit)
Note 2: If you feel like being nice, you can perform the above for your end-users in the Admin Portal.

Hope this helps!
Photo of Frank Wilson

Frank Wilson

The functionality you outlined is more for an executive to have his assistant schedule meetings on his behalf. I wouldn't want all my users to be able to schedule a meeting for another person. The functionality that is being requested is the ability to setup a call with multiple hosts for just one meeting. If Person A is sick, Person B can start the meeting.
Photo of Saadet - Community Support

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 48,882 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hey Frank, at this time we offer the Schedule on Behalf of functionality but not the Alternative Host, which is different. I haven't heard of an ETA regarding the Alternative Host feature but I'll be sure to ask again during my next meeting with the Product Team :)
Photo of Fogg

Fogg

• 672 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Adding that our company could use the co-organizer feature as well.