Add Alternative Host Feature in RingCentral Meetings

• Idea
  • Updated 4 days ago
If you would like to be able to assign an Alternative Host while scheduling an RC Meeting, please vote!

Photo of Saadet - Community Moderator

Saadet - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 60,396 Points 50k badge 2x thumb

Posted 10 months ago

Photo of Bradley Bleeker

Bradley Bleeker

• 158 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Sign me up!  This is a great potential feature.
Photo of Alex Yandukin

Alex Yandukin

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
A necessary feature if you are unable to attend a meeting you scheduled.
Photo of LOGIC

LOGIC

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Crucial feature to allow users to schedule meetings for each other
Photo of Jeff Driver

Jeff Driver

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
GoToMeeting calls this Co-Organizer.  I think that's why you have lots of people asking for co-hosts, but this is what they really want if you read the comments.
Photo of Sabra Gore

Sabra Gore

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Yes. Could use that feature today.
Photo of Cris Bergin

Cris Bergin

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This is a really important feature. I don't understand why you need your clients to vote on this option before you run with it. Clearly based on all the comments here and other places under "co-hosts" RC should see that this is a NECESSARY feature we all need.
This is a must have feature. Please implement ASAP, we have managers begging for this.
Photo of James Bradd

James Bradd

• 338 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Please please please extend this to webinars! This is present in Zoom and was a huge disappointment when we moved over to RingCentral!
Photo of KHeikoop

KHeikoop

• 124 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
One of the only major drawbacks I have seen coming from GotoMeeting.  Still have a couple weeks left in our RC trial
Photo of Jeff Faber

Jeff Faber

please please please, this is so important!

Photo of Robert Morris

Robert Morris

this is a vital feature for our enterprise...we are standardized on RC, but other departments use competitive products.  Before we can go with a single vendor, we need alternate/co-host for standard and webinar meetings, please.
Photo of Matt Anderson

Matt Anderson

Must have in order to migrate away from GoToMeeting.
Photo of Delaney

Delaney

• 86 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
We need this to move completely from Webex. 
Photo of K8MEJ

K8MEJ

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
We're trying to eliminate our GoToMeeting licensing as well and we need this functionality with RCM.
Photo of Victor Herrera

Victor Herrera

This would be a great feature to add as your competitors support this. Seems like a basic feature.
Photo of Frank Wilson

Frank Wilson

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Please add alternate host functionality. During training, the Ring Central rep said this functionality was already in place. 
Photo of Frank Wilson

Frank Wilson

Was this functionality approved? The Ring Central rep said this functionality was already in place. 
Photo of Trinh

Trinh

• 322 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Although I couldn't find a Knowledgebase article, this feature is available. There are some settings that needs to be configured before it's usable. 

1) Person A will have to log into their RingCentral account via web browser
2) Go to Settings - User Details - Settings & Permissions
3) There should be a "Schedule Meetings for Me". Click edit, and select Person B. Save.
4) Now, Person B can schedule meetings for Person A (This can only be done from the RingCentral Meetings app, and it'll look like the screenshot from above).

Note: They may need to exit out of the RingCentral Meetings app before this works. (Click on the drop-down next to your name, and select Exit)
Note 2: If you feel like being nice, you can perform the above for your end-users in the Admin Portal.

Hope this helps!
Photo of Frank Wilson

Frank Wilson

The functionality you outlined is more for an executive to have his assistant schedule meetings on his behalf. I wouldn't want all my users to be able to schedule a meeting for another person. The functionality that is being requested is the ability to setup a call with multiple hosts for just one meeting. If Person A is sick, Person B can start the meeting.

• 59,720 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Frank, at this time we offer the Schedule on Behalf of functionality but not the Alternative Host, which is different. I haven't heard of an ETA regarding the Alternative Host feature but I'll be sure to ask again during my next meeting with the Product Team :)
Photo of Fogg

Fogg

• 774 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Adding that our company could use the co-organizer feature as well.
Photo of Brandon

Brandon

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Please don't be Salesforce and wait 7 years to implement something simple.
Photo of Jodie Macariola

Jodie Macariola

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

I'm looking for this feature as well.  This is definitely a missing feature in comparison to GoToMeeting.  In GTM it's called a Co-Organizer.  Our organization is going to really miss this feature once we make this switch.

My use case: I am setting up a call for myself, a teammate, and a customer.  I want my teammate to be able to start the meeting without me or if I cannot make it.  But I don't want the meeting to start if the customer signs in before either of us.  I have several meetings like this with different teammates for different customers.  In other cases, I am holding meetings where I definitely need to kick it off and in those cases I would not establish a co-organizer.  

Photo of Steph Schreyer

Steph Schreyer

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This feature is really important.  Often I invite one or more team members to the meeting to help run it or even take the lead if I am running late from a previous meeting.  Gotomeeting and other meeting programs have this feature.
Photo of Ann Meller

Ann Meller

• 104 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I can't believe you don't have this feature already. What if the original host is out of commission... you just... don't have the meeting? 
Photo of Fogg

Fogg

• 774 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
If the option for start without host isn't selected... yes, unfortunately :( Someone else could spin a different meeting up and send to all attendees. 
Photo of Randy Edler

Randy Edler

• 336 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
New Ring Central customer and also would chime in that this feature is heavily used and appreciated when using GoToMeeting currently . Not having this will only add burden on our end users. Since RingCentral meetings is essentially Zoom Meetings re branded, I am not certain why enabling the "Alternative Hosts" function is a large task to put into the RC meetings product which is already in Zoom and has this functionality. You can see that this is exactly the functionality everyone is asking for here - and oh the Zoom settings looking exactly like the RC meeting settings.... 
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/208220166-Alternative-Host

Why does the RC meetings product lag behind the Zoom product so much if they are one in the same?

Randy

Photo of Jeff Salisbury

Jeff Salisbury, Champion

• 2,002 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Randy - my understanding is that RingCentral licenses the bits from Zoom, but they have to modify them to work with RingCentral's own voice platform including the associated integrations. Having said that, you would think features would flow down from Zoom at some point and I don't know how far behind they are code-wise or if some things are intentionally not implemented. I know that my users are asking why the ability to assign co-hosts when scheduling meetings is still missing.
Photo of Randy Edler

Randy Edler

• 336 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Just chiming back in on this post, we have now gone live with RingCentral at our Corporate office (about 125 lines) and I have had 4-5 individuals in the first week ask me about this feature. We will be migrating away from GoToMeeting which considers this "Co-Organizer". As previously mentioned, this functionality is already available in the zoom product - called "Alternative Host". I have to believe with 119 up votes that this would be something that would be being discussed on the road map. Any updates from the Ring Central side?

• 60,026 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Randy, I haven't been given any updates from the Product Team. If I hear anything about this feature being implemented in a future release, I'll post here!
Photo of Matt Aguiar

Matt Aguiar

• 66 Points
Please, please consider adding this. As referenced, I know a number of other platforms already have this so would be great to add here.
Photo of Leisa Lance

Leisa Lance

• 384 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Another use case is recruitment.  Our recruitment team book meetings for a candidate to meet with the staff-seeking manager and don't attend the meetings themselves.  In a large organisation it is not feasible to set up delegation in the way described.