Add Cisco 7800/8800 Model

• Idea
  • Updated 3 months ago
In response to Phil Denton on FACEBOOK: http://facebook.com/10156858628613989...

Does RingCentral now support the Cisco 7800/8800 phones pictured here?
Photo of HootSuite App

HootSuite App

• 4,592 Points 4k badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

• 68,412 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
At this time we do not have these phones available for purchase through our Online Portal.

If you would like to see this model added please comment and vote!
We shouldn’t need to vote for this. Technology doesn’t wait on votes.
Photo of Zachary Brandau

Zachary Brandau

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
We are a new company looking to move to RC, but have not had great experience in the past with Polycom. What features are you giving up if we go Cisco 8800 route?
Photo of Zachary Brandau

Zachary Brandau

Thanks. Would the receptionist phone and sidebar be able to see who is on the phone and who inst? 

Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

Yep! As long as the receptionist has Presence set up :)
Photo of Zachary Brandau

Zachary Brandau

So, then that phone could not be the 7841 or 8861 until you official support it? Is it possible to call me? If so, i'd like to ask some more questions.
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

Once we officially support those 2 models the Presence feature will be available. Until then, Presence is not available. Unfortunately, I don't provide phone support. However, I would suggest contacting your Account Manager if you have more questions :) If you don't know who that is, let me know and I'll email you their information.
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

Official Response
Hello Zachary,

Currently there is limited functionality with these models. For instance you will not have access to Presence, Paging, or Intercom.

However, we are looking to add the Cisco 7841 and 8861 next year, which means that customers will have full functionality. I haven't received a firm date yet, but once I do I'll be sure to update this thread!
(Edited)
Photo of Zack Brandau

Zack Brandau

• 60 Points
I understand that you now offer the 8861 and new customers have the 10.0 platform. Why, as an existing customer, can i not be upgraded to it now? Those are not the only features that don't work, and i would think upgrading our account now as opposed to waiting a few weeks shouldn't be that big of a request considering i went ahead and signed the contract on good faith. Our company needs to be operating efficiently, and everyday that goes by is time lost. Can you please let me know if someone can help upgrade our platform sooner rather than later?
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

Hello Zach, each account is on a different POD and each POD is scheduled for an update at different times. I'm not sure if it's possible to get your account upgraded sooner. The best person to ask if it's possible would be your Account Manager. If you don't know who that is, you can email me at community.support@ringcentral.com and I can get their contact information for you.
Photo of GO_CCaaS

GO_CCaaS

• 60 Points
Can you advise if RingCentral now fully supports the Cisco model CP-7821?  A customer is currently using this model and wants to know if RingCentral would function on the CP7821 handsets.
Photo of Jessica - Community Moderator

Jessica - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 12,044 Points 10k badge 2x thumb

There are 2 types of Cisco 78XX and 88XX phones. The first type is only compatible with Cisco. The second type is 3rd party control compatible, meaning it can work with non-Cisco systems, like RingCentral. 

If the phone has 3PCC or 3 PW listed in the POD VID, then it will be compatible with RingCentral.