Add Corporate Directory for Yealink Device

• Idea
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • Planned
Any reason why the directory feature isn't implemented for the Yealink T46S? I use the T46G with a 3CX system in my main office & it supports the system directory, but needed to use RC for a satellite office & I was very disappointed to hear (from RC Tech Support) that neither the directory nor presence features work on the Yealink phones. Are these features in the pipeline for these phones?

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Company Directory: Display on hardphone..
Photo of Timothy King

Timothy King

• 172 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Will Simon

Will Simon

• 1,278 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I'd be interested in this as well. We are only testing a few Yealink devices now, but having the corporate directory would be a big step toward deploying them for end-users.

It looks like RC is just using LDAP on the Polycom devices, and from what I can tell, Yealink also supports LDAP with TLS.
Photo of Ben Caston

Ben Caston

• 96 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
RC: Make this happen, please.
Photo of Bret Reed

Bret Reed

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
We would be interested as well.  Many of our employees who are used to using desk phones would use this feature if it was available.  We were disappointed when we learned this feature was available on the Polycomm phones but not the Yealink T46S desk phones.
Photo of Chuck Clark

Chuck Clark

• 60 Points

I have the same request on the Yealink T46S please.
Photo of Will Simon

Will Simon

Curious to see if there has been any traction on this...
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

• 68,082 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hi all, I did received an update that we are adding the Yealink T48S and that phone is capable of supporting the Corporate Directory feature :) This phone will be available in our Q3 release. You can follow up with your Account Manager to see when your account is scheduled to receive the update.
Photo of Bret Reed

Bret Reed

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
That's great Saadet,  Will the corporate directory feature also be available for the Yealink T46S?
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

• 68,042 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Bret, right now only the T48S will support the directory. 
Photo of Will Simon

Will Simon

That's a bit unfortunate. The T46S was, and still is, a "fully-"supported phone according to the RingCentral website. It seems there are at least a few T46S users, so that functionality would be well-received. From what I've been able to dig up, RC used TLS LDAP calls on the Polycom VVX series...the same is supported on the Yealink, right?
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

• 68,042 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Will, sorry for the delay! I was working with Engineering to get an answer for you :)

So Yealinks do support TLS - which is the encrypted phone protocol that all of our phones use.

LDAP is the protocol for the directory sync - but not all the phones (including Cisco) support. The main issue is that the Yealink T46S doesn't have the required certificate (SHA2) that is needed to sync and communicate with our specific corporate directory setup. However, the new Yealink does.

I'm not an expert on all of this by any means :P but from what I understand, the T46 just doesn't quite work at the moment, with our directory requirements. 

If for some reason that changes and we're able to work with Yealink to get their phones to support our requirements, I'll letcha all know :)