Add Custom RingTones for Mobile App, Desktop app and Deskphones

• Idea
  • Updated 4 days ago
We've had a variety of request from users to have custom ringtones on the mobile app, desktop app and desk phones.  Please comment and vote on this thread indicating the type of customization you are interested in.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,378 Points 50k badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of HEAVENER

HEAVENER

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled We would like the incoming ringcentral calls to have a unique ringtone for iphone....
Photo of ORTHOPAEDICS

ORTHOPAEDICS, Champion

• 272 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This feature needs to be implemented immediately, it definitely shouldn't even be that difficult because Apple should have already provided the instructions for how to do this if it's already using an Apple ringtone.

But if RingCentral doesn't want to add this feature, at the very least please CHANGE the default ringtone so that it doesn't sounds like a child's toy is going off. A standard ring like Line2 has would be far more preferable.

Unfortunately this probably won't happen for a few more years because in my experience, RingCentral takes approximately 4-5 years to implement a feature, if they even decide to implement it. We are doomed to perpetually receive the "your feedback is under consideration".

Photo of Vahn Balabanian

Vahn Balabanian

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled RingCentral calls to my mobile App should ring / vibrate differently.

RingCentral calls to my mobile App should ring/vibrate differently (programmable) so we can differentiate our mobile/personal calls from our RingCentral/business calls.
Photo of IT-Allen

IT-Allen

• 60 Points
I would love an option to update the ring tones to either have more pre-loaded for the softphone or allowing you to use your own. Our entire office has softphones and its annoying when EVERYONE uses the same exact ringer. 
Photo of Steven Osborn

Steven Osborn

• 64 Points
Here's another new customer that can't believe there is no way to change the ring and notification tones on the Glip Android app (and iOS).   This is rudimentary stuff and easy to implement.  Please add it!
Photo of Mel

Mel

• 172 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled ios ring tone can I change it?.

Is there any way to change the ring tone on my iphone for the app?  It uses a different one than my regular calls, but I don't want to use the xylophone which seems to be the default.
Photo of Saadet - Community Support

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 56,118 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hello Everyone! I wanted to provide an update :) Currently our Product Team is working on creating more options for customizing your ringtone on the RingCentral (Glip) Mobile App :) This will make it so you can differentiate a call that is coming into your personal cell phone versus a call coming into the RC app.

In Q2 I will learn more about a solid ETA :)
Photo of Caleb

Caleb

• 94 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hi Saadet - is there work being done to offer this option on the RC Phone app as well?... or is RC Phone becoming a second class citizen?
Photo of Joe Talaga

Joe Talaga

• 66 Points
Great! I can't wait! In my case, my RC phone app always rings the Xylophone tone, which is fortunately different from my normal ringtone. I will want to switch from the Xylophone tone once I'm fully transitioned out of On Call support, since that ringtone immediately raises my blood pressure. :-D
(Edited)

Hey Caleb, not at this time, unfortunately :(
Photo of Tim Burton

Tim Burton

• 60 Points
Hi Saadet - it is now Q2. Any update on this feature addition? 
Photo of Connie Harris

Connie Harris

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Phone Tree Ring TONE- from outside the office.

We have a small office with 5 desk extensions. We have it set that the entire Ring Tree rings when an all inbound call comes in. When the live receptionist answers and transfers to one of the five extensions its the same ring. The ring tone is the same if it is an Office Call or a transfer the receptionist extension.
*This is for inbound calls from the public. NOT the hold music or tone thats fine.  
Photo of Yan Shaulov

Yan Shaulov

• 206 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thank You for letting us have ring tones to differentiate RC VS iPhone. BUT the new Ring tone choices are weird.  None of them are loud, and NONE are Office tones! Please Help!! 

Hi Yan, I've shared your concerns with our Product Team. Hopefully they'll continue to add more ringtones to the app!