RingCentral Meetings: Custom Screen

• Idea
  • Updated 7 months ago
  • (Edited)
I think it would be great to have the ability to add a custom image to the video conference screen for waiting attendees to view versus a black screen.
Photo of Scorpio Media

Scorpio Media

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Reverend Deb Phelps

Reverend Deb Phelps

• 374 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I totally agree. I need this feature myself for our classes.
Photo of Derek Meyers

Derek Meyers

• 60 Points
What's the status of this feature request?
Photo of Saadet - Community Moderator

Saadet - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 62,226 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
There is no ETA at this time
Photo of Ben Schwartz

Ben Schwartz

• 324 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Meetings idle screen customization.

1. US
2. When an attendee in GTM joins your meeting or webinar and the host is not sharing their screen, they are greeted with a nice title screen of the meeting including the host's name, title of the meeting, time/date, company branding, and other messages you'd like to add. it looks nice and is welcoming to the attendee. RC Meetings and Webinars doesn't seem to have that. Instead it's just a black screen with the hosts first and last name (15 character limit) in giant white letters.This shows when the meeting is started but when nobody is sharing their screen. Please add a feature where we can enable and customize the attendee idle screen. Look at the way GTM does it for comparison of what we're looking for. I can't find a great picture online of GTM but it's something like this:
http://www.sdmsltd.com/images/GoToMeeting/screen3.bmp
Photo of Ben Schwartz

Ben Schwartz

• 324 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Thank you, Saadet for merging my request.

Custom screen yes, but really, we want more of a default screen with information on it rather than the black screen with big white letters of the host's name as default. The screen would show the host's name, company name, meeting name, date, etc. Like a meeting summary, and with normal sized letters. The way GTM does it would be great.

Still no update?
Photo of Saadet - Community Moderator

Saadet - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 67,284 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Still no update, Ben :/ 
Photo of Mike Larkin

Mike Larkin

• 236 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Guest joining the video meeting before host arrives.

I host a number of training every week for new distributors. The sign up for the meetings with https://www.appointmentcore.com/ . It automatically sends back the a static meeting ID to the distributor. 

I currently use another meeting app and when the guest joins the meeting before the host there is a very nice screen that the go to that gives my name and says "Host will arrive shortly". 

Right now Ring Central just has a black screen with my name on it. I would like to have a much nicer screen which I can edit. Is that available. 

I want this to be a pleasant experience.