Add "everyone" to a team...

• Idea
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • (Edited)
I have a new group that I'd like all users to be a member of, similar to our "Team CompanyName" team that came at launch. I'm finding out, that there is no way to do this with an additional team...you have to add all members via email address, comma separated. Additionally, when new users come on board, I'll have to manually add them.

It would be very helpful for admins to be able to add "everyone" or even add a nested team as members of a team.

Thanks

p.s. Adding by copy/pasting all employees, comma separated worked. However then I had posts "Chris Rosa added... so and so", as many times as employees added. Which also generated notifications for users as they were added. This just seems so kludgey. I really hope RC can come up with something better.
Photo of Chris Rosa

Chris Rosa

• 2,190 Points 2k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Steve C

Steve C

• 214 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Yes this is a definite need
Photo of Ryan Bowen

Ryan Bowen

• 192 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
What is the function of the team. Time is a valuable asset. It is something that you have complete control over. I do not like to waist my time. Does the team have a goal? I need to know the clarification of this team. As I said earlier I do not have no time to waist. bowenryan191@gmail.com
Photo of Bill Bolsover

Bill Bolsover

• 88 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I feel like I have a similar request.  Basically a way to create teams automatically based on meta data for a user.   So for example if you've set their department, they get added to a team for that department.  Someone else mentioned something about call queues. (also a way to override or remove a user from a team once added automatically).  So basically different ways to create teams. Another way might be to create a way for a central manager of some kind to use a script that adds people to teams (without the manager being part of it).
Photo of Chris Rosa

Chris Rosa

• 1,930 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Yep...this is a great and similar use case. I like it.