Add Mention @Everyone into Glip

• Idea
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
  • Planned
Hi Team,

I have idea with mention in Glip. I think it is small feature and you can work it now?
- Need add mention @everyone

In a team, has 5 member, but 2 member offline, When you post message, you need all know it, so you will mention @everyone in post. All member offline will receive message by email.

Can you please help add feature?

Thanks Team very much.
Photo of Kevin Tran

Kevin Tran

• 430 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Ted Jaffe

Ted Jaffe, Official Rep

• 2,636 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hi Kevin, thanks for the feedback.  We are working on a "@team" mention that will give team admins the ability to mention everyone in a Glip team at once.  

We're hoping to ship this sometime in the Q3/Q4 timeframe - stay tuned!
Photo of Logan Ausmus

Logan Ausmus

• 68 Points
Is there an update on this? This is a critical feature for us that we've been struggling to part with since abandoning Hipchat. 
Photo of Ted Jaffe

Ted Jaffe, Official Rep

Looking at Q1/Q2 now.  Its in development so coming soon :)
(Edited)
Photo of Tim Arnold

Tim Arnold

• 94 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Just wondering, what is the panned functionality for this feature? Currently most of our folks use the notification setting to flag mentions and direct messages with the orange number badge (beta setting). With the new feature will tagging your post with "@team" add that badge for everyone who's a member of the team in which you post?
(Edited)
Photo of Ted Jaffe

Ted Jaffe, Official Rep

Yes it will work just like a regular direct mention works in terms of the notification.

Now that may worry you because of the noise issue: without giving away the surprise, I'll keep it high level  -- there will be admin controls built in so it's used when its really needed by the right people in the right teams :)
Photo of Tim Arnold

Tim Arnold

• 94 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Doesn't worry me at all. Adding to the direct mention badge count is what I'd expect. Thanks!
Photo of Saadet - Community Moderator

Saadet - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 57,958 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Great news, everyone! @Team mention is now available :) Check it out!