SMS: Allow all users (not just operator ext) to text messages (SMS) from the Main Number

• Idea
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
  • (Edited)
earlier versions of desktop app have a drop down field that allows you to switch caller ID for text messages (SMS).  in verison 8.0.4 it is gone and test support said it has been removed.  THIS NEEDS TO BE ADDED IN.  Why was this removed?
Photo of Chris Zimmerman

Chris Zimmerman

• 3,044 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
  • mad and confused

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Neuro Renovations

Neuro Renovations

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled RC Phone - Caller ID SMS for all user extensions.

It would benefit certain business that communicate with clients (through RC phone SMS feature) to allow multiple users to share the main line number as the outgoing caller ID. 

For example, a front-desk staffer (logged into RC Phone) sends a reminder message to a client about their meeting time. Then once they leave a back office assistant send a message (thru RC Phone) about a follow up survey link/appointment/etc. All messages go through the main number.  
Photo of Marcos Franco

Marcos Franco

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I need to be able to have the main number as a caller ID to all the extensions wi....

I need to be able to have the main number as a caller ID to all the extensions without changing the operator any more
Photo of Jon Carissimo

Jon Carissimo

• 816 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
We found "HeyMarket" a lot better suited for getting company text messages and forwarding the call through to RingCentral. I'd love to be 100% through RingCentral, but they have made it clear that after years this is not a priority for them.
Photo of Roronoa Zoro

Roronoa Zoro

• 174 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I voted for this one. I hope this will be possible in the future soon. Maybe tomorrow will be cool.