SMS: Allow all users (not just operator ext) to text messages (SMS) from the Main Number

• Idea
  • Updated 11 hours ago
  • (Edited)
earlier versions of desktop app have a drop down field that allows you to switch caller ID for text messages (SMS).  in verison 8.0.4 it is gone and test support said it has been removed.  THIS NEEDS TO BE ADDED IN.  Why was this removed?
Photo of Chris Zimmerman

Chris Zimmerman

• 3,104 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
  • mad and confused

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Neuro Renovations

Neuro Renovations

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled RC Phone - Caller ID SMS for all user extensions.

It would benefit certain business that communicate with clients (through RC phone SMS feature) to allow multiple users to share the main line number as the outgoing caller ID. 

For example, a front-desk staffer (logged into RC Phone) sends a reminder message to a client about their meeting time. Then once they leave a back office assistant send a message (thru RC Phone) about a follow up survey link/appointment/etc. All messages go through the main number.  
Photo of Marcos Franco

Marcos Franco

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I need to be able to have the main number as a caller ID to all the extensions wi....

I need to be able to have the main number as a caller ID to all the extensions without changing the operator any more
Photo of Jon Carissimo

Jon Carissimo

• 856 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
We found "HeyMarket" a lot better suited for getting company text messages and forwarding the call through to RingCentral. I'd love to be 100% through RingCentral, but they have made it clear that after years this is not a priority for them.
Photo of Roronoa Zoro

Roronoa Zoro

• 174 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I voted for this one. I hope this will be possible in the future soon. Maybe tomorrow will be cool. 
Photo of Andrew Wiggin

Andrew Wiggin

• 146 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Outbound SMS caller ID main number.

We need to send SMS messages using the company main phone number as
callerID. Because our operator extension is a call group rather than an
individual, no one in our office can do that.
When a call group is
used as the operator extension, all members of the group should be able
to send SMS using the main company number. In fact, they should be able
to choose any company number as we have different phone numbers for
different offices.
Also, as a phone system admin, I should be able to
set my outbound caller ID to the main company number just for testing
purposes & one time things.

Photo of ACCOUNT

ACCOUNT

• 1,684 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I'm being told the Outbound Caller ID for Texts feature does work on the new RC desktop app. However, it does not work at all for me. Are you also unable to get it to work?