SMS: Allow all users (not just operator ext) to text messages (SMS) from the Main Number

• Idea
  • Updated 5 days ago
  • (Edited)
earlier versions of desktop app have a drop down field that allows you to switch caller ID for text messages (SMS).  in verison 8.0.4 it is gone and test support said it has been removed.  THIS NEEDS TO BE ADDED IN.  Why was this removed?
Photo of Chris Zimmerman

Chris Zimmerman

• 3,394 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
  • mad and confused

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Neuro Renovations

Neuro Renovations

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled RC Phone - Caller ID SMS for all user extensions.

It would benefit certain business that communicate with clients (through RC phone SMS feature) to allow multiple users to share the main line number as the outgoing caller ID. 

For example, a front-desk staffer (logged into RC Phone) sends a reminder message to a client about their meeting time. Then once they leave a back office assistant send a message (thru RC Phone) about a follow up survey link/appointment/etc. All messages go through the main number.  
Photo of Marcos Franco

Marcos Franco

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I need to be able to have the main number as a caller ID to all the extensions wi....

I need to be able to have the main number as a caller ID to all the extensions without changing the operator any more
Photo of Jon Carissimo

Jon Carissimo

• 926 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
We found "HeyMarket" a lot better suited for getting company text messages and forwarding the call through to RingCentral. I'd love to be 100% through RingCentral, but they have made it clear that after years this is not a priority for them.
Photo of Roronoa Zoro

Roronoa Zoro

• 174 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I voted for this one. I hope this will be possible in the future soon. Maybe tomorrow will be cool. 
Photo of Andrew Wiggin

Andrew Wiggin

• 156 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Outbound SMS caller ID main number.

We need to send SMS messages using the company main phone number as
callerID. Because our operator extension is a call group rather than an
individual, no one in our office can do that.
When a call group is
used as the operator extension, all members of the group should be able
to send SMS using the main company number. In fact, they should be able
to choose any company number as we have different phone numbers for
different offices.
Also, as a phone system admin, I should be able to
set my outbound caller ID to the main company number just for testing
purposes & one time things.

Photo of ACCOUNT

ACCOUNT

• 1,896 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I'm being told the Outbound Caller ID for Texts feature does work on the new RC desktop app. However, it does not work at all for me. Are you also unable to get it to work?
Photo of Andrew Wiggin

Andrew Wiggin

• 156 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Outbound caller ID works for texts as long as the only number you want to use is your DID...
Photo of ACCOUNT

ACCOUNT

• 1,896 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Ridiculous. On the older RingCentral Phone desktop app, I can select my Main Company number and text using it's Outbound ID just fine. I can also select my Main Company number for Outbound ID texting on the new RC desktop app... it just doesn't work.
Photo of Jon Carissimo

Jon Carissimo

• 926 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hello,

Maybe this will make more sense with the term "shared inbox" for text messages. 

Ringcentral does not have any shared inbox feature.

This thread was started 4 years ago and has 167 votes... but nothing has been done...
Photo of Peter Schlieckmann

Peter Schlieckmann

• 134 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
We need this feature as well, urgently! I suggested this 2 years ago as well.
Right now, since I am the Super-Admin, only I can send text messages from various company numbers. When another user needs to send a text message out to a client it needs to show our company number and not a random direct number of that said user.
It is working for a super admin, why not for everyone? We can place calls with different numbers, why not also send and receive text the same way?
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled SMS feature.

Option to Consolidate SMS, All users would have the capability to receive SMS so that all users would have the capability to view the messages

Account type: US
A brief description of the business: Law Firm
A high level description of the product or feature being requested: SMS
A typical use case scenario explaining how your business would use the feature: Recieving SMS
Benefit of such feature: Convenience 
Number of Users and/or Digital Lines: 5

Photo of Suyi Peng

Suyi Peng

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Yes, this feature would be helpful for our company as well. Thanks. 
Photo of Daria Karaseva

Daria Karaseva

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Multiple users be able to send text messages from the operator extension (the mai....

1. US
2. Handyman and Remodelling
3. We need to have multiple users able to send and receive text messages from and to the main number. Currently only Operator has that ability and ring central app currently cant even send/receive messages from our main line, we have to use the phone app. In order for us to send/receive message for the main number for multiple users we now have to be logged in one operator account. We have multiple users and every one of them needs to have their own access to the main number and be able to view text messages from our customers.
4. See above
5.see above
6. we have 3 users now and we have 2 main lines 
Photo of Customer Service

Customer Service

• 62 Points
The company I work for is totally accord, this feature could improve the communication between seller and customer. Looking forward to use it.
Photo of Richard Ryan

Richard Ryan

4 years and you still can't implement this simple feature?  If you read your marketing material about how SMS works, it certainly implies that you should be able to do this.  See bullets below from that page.

Furthermore, my employees cannot even work around this major limitation when they are on their mobile device and here's why.  Email comes in showing an SMS received from xxx-xxx-xxxx which is a new customer not in their contacts.  If they go into the ios app and click new message -- there is NO ability to send a message to a phone number.  You can only send to your contacts.  I know that in earlier versions of the app, this was possible.  I have no idea what you are thinking removing functionality like this.  It's enough to make me look for a new phone system.

• Use your one business number for voice, fax, text, and multimedia messages.
  • Send and receive text messages with up to 1,000 characters to and from RingCentral extensions or 10-digit local numbers.

Photo of Tommy Towns

Tommy Towns

This thread is 4 years old so obviously it's not even on RingCentral's radar. Which is a shame, because it is very necessary for so many of their clients, including me. Come on RingCentral, what's the hold up?