Add support for SIP based intercoms

• Idea
  • Updated 6 months ago
I live in the UK and I have a physical intercom system that registers as a SIP Video endpoint. The unit is capable of dialling a pre-configured extension or hunt group when the user presses the call button. You can even dial the units own extension number and it will auto answer, thus allowing you to view the intercom feed.

Right now I am required to purchase either a full or limited extension to use this system with my ringcentral account. Since the unit is not able to dial external numbers or take advantage of any other ringcentral facilities this is overkill for what the unit does.

Ringcentral currently offer an Intercom feature, however this implementation is based on broadcasting though one or more enrolled devices. To be clear, this FR relates to a new type of Ringcentral line which is similar to the "limited extension" but is further restricted to only allow dialling/accepting calls from internal extensions.

Ideally it will be a free license, similar to RC phone users, however I would be prepared to pay £2 per month for such an extension if it included features such as call recording.
Photo of Daniel Broomfield

Daniel Broomfield

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Brandon

Brandon, Champion

• 24,738 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I think it is a good idea.  In the meantime, you could register it with a cheap SIP provider like voip.ms and configure it to dial a full phone number.