Deskphone: Adding Favorites to Lines View Polycom VVX410

• Idea
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Implemented
  • (Edited)
Adding Favorites to Lines ViewI received my RingCentral phone in November when I joined my company. I had called and gotten walked through how to go about setting up external numbers as FAVORITES and how to display these numbers on my "LINES VIEW" that I call on a frequent basis (ie a speed dial). I recently went to remove a company extension that is not in use anymore and my phone rebooted as normal but when the hone turned back on all of my favorites on my "LINES VIEW" were gone. I called customer support and they said that "RINGCENTRAL" does not support that feature anymore & that it is a Polycom Feature that has been removed to allow more space for company extension to be displayed there.I and a few other of my team members are extremely frustrated by this as we do not nearly use the phone system to talk between ourselves as we use the phones to call clients and support hotlines esp. the service department. WE WOULD LIKE INQUIRE HOW THIS FEATURE CAN BE BROUGHT BACK TO THE RINGCENTRAL VVX 410! ESP AS IT IS A POLYCOM PHONE FEATURE & LAST I CHECKED IT SAID ON THE PHONE "POLYCOM POWERED". RING CENTRAL SHOULD NOT BE/HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHANGE A "POLYCOM POWERED" PHONE FEATURE(S), MAYBE A COMPANY BOUGHT THIS PHONE BECAUSE OF A PARTICULAR FEATURE THAT WAS LIKED, AND NOW YOU SAY YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO DISABLE IT, AND BECOME NOT USER FRIENDLY!!I have attached an image of the user manual stating this feature can be done and you publish the Polycom VVX 410 manual on your website.
Photo of Joe DeSomma

Joe DeSomma

• 202 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • frusterated

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Sonia Singh

Sonia Singh, Official Rep

• 1,080 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Folks:  as some of you have already observed, the fix is fully rolled out.  You can add favorites and will be retained after a reboot.

--Sonia Singh
(Edited)