User Settings: Call Handling rules to forward to 10

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
I have an extension that I want to have ring 5 different cell phones at the same time or sequentially.  In setting up the extension, there are only 3 fields available to enter phone number into.  How do I add more?
Photo of Donald

Donald

• 262 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Donald

Donald

I am setting up the extensions as an administrator.  I have an Office enterprise account
Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

• 36,908 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Under the Call Handling & Forwarding menu selection for that extension, click on the  "Add Phone" button.
(Edited)
Photo of Donald

Donald

I have tried that.  2 more fields open up, I type in the number, click on Save, and go back into the Call Handling and Forwarding tab, and no additional phone numbers have been added. 
Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

My apologies...you are correct. I saw the two fields pop up but I did not enter numbers on my account to test it.
Photo of Donald

Donald

If I click on Call Flip, it shows a total of 11 potential numbers available, but no way to edit or add numbers under that feature either.
(Edited)
Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

• 28,042 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Try creating a ring group from your existing numbers Save then go back in and add the other numbers
Photo of Donald

Donald

Hi Danno, I just tried that.  Didn't work either.  All it did was group the selected numbers, but still no additional fields to add numbers.  When I click on Add Phone, two more fields pop up, I can type in the numbers, click on Save, but they are not saved.
Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

Well, now I'm on a mission. Going to do some testing after lunch. Of course, another option would be advanced rule but I'll test on a full belly
Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

Donald,

OK...The problem might have been that you placed the phone number in the FIRST of the two fields that popped up when you clicked on the "Add Phone" button. I did the same thing.

When you click on the "Add Phone" button, enter the Name or Title of the new phone number (i.e., work, business fax, Joe's phone, etc.) then enter the phone number in the SECOND field. This will give you an "On/Off" slider in the Active column. Slide it to on and you are all set. I just tested this and it works.
(Edited)
Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

I just went in and added two at a time and was able to add a bunch.

Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

Also, if you go into the mobile, you can give each number an actual name.  That's why you see names in my screen shot above.
Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

You can do this via on line portal too.  After looking closer, when you click add phone, the two fields are name then number. 

Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

Exactly...See my post above.
Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

Yep.  I wasn't paying attention.  I was trying to post while driving in the HOV lane, behind an ambulance, while listening to Dark Side of the Moon!!
Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

Wow! Got to be careful or you will end up inside that ambulance...one way or another!  :-)
Photo of Donald

Donald

That shows how unobservant I was, and my screen isn't the best quality to see the greyed out "Name".  Works perfect now!  Thanks to you all!
Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

Official Response
And it looks like the max is 10 numbers.