Adding a New Rule does not account for overlapping times in a 24 hour day.

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Incorrect/Old information.

Call Handling & Forwarding>Advanced tab>Avanced Call Handling>Add Rule>Date and/or Time>Select when this rule should be active
Unable to account for overlap of times seamlessly. The RingCentral application does not allow you to manually enter minute times. You ONLY have an option for 00, 15,30, 45 based upon the drop down selection. This is unsatisfactory. For example, If I would like to add a new rule to for Monday into Tuesday : I can select from 9:00PM until 11:45PM but I CANNOT make it to 11:59PM. Also, the times do not overlap so I cannot go from 12:00AM Tuesday until 8AM Tuesday. PLEASE FIX ASAP!
Photo of Andrew Reymer

Andrew Reymer

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated beyond belief

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

• 27,736 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Andrew, I could shed some light on this for you.

The time selections are misleading but they do work. When selecting 11:45 it does go through 11:59:59. test the rule your self but it does work.

As for the over lapping, you will need 2 rules for items that cross midnight.

Example:

If you have a rule that forwards a call from 8:00pm to 2:00am you would need 2 rules to accomplish this

one from 8 - midnight (11:45)
And one from midnight to 2:00am.

This is how it has to work with this release.

Let me know if you have any other questions

Chuck
ckfuscone@yahoo.com
Certified Ring Central Installer
Photo of Ben Foster

Ben Foster, Alum

• 6,124 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
You will want to set your company's ordinary hours of operation as your business hours. "After hours" covers the rest of the day/night - so if, for example, your business hours are 9am to 8pm, your after hours would be 8pm to 9am by default. You can set unique call handling behavior at the company, department/group or extension level for the times that are covered by after hours.
Photo of Andrew Reymer

Andrew Reymer

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
It would be extremely nice if this was straight forward and not misleading.
Photo of Ben Foster

Ben Foster, Alum

• 6,124 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Agree, it could be more intuitive. Let me know if you have any additional questions - I'm going to mark this as "Solved".
Photo of Beej David

Beej David

• 62 Points
^^
Photo of Janel Cwikla

Janel Cwikla

• 60 Points
How do you add multiple rules as suggested for a day?  When I go into the settings for each weekday I have only one set of drop downs.  

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.