Adjustable IVR Repetition Loop

• Idea
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • Not Planned
It would be stellar if RingCentral gave us the ability to alter the number of times an IVR menu loops before either disconnecting the call or slipping over to a selected extension. It could just be a drop-down, or an open field.
Photo of Alexander Goss

Alexander Goss

• 402 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Adam Boyar

Adam Boyar

• 264 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Multi level IVR call handling generic key presses - Repeat 3 Times if caller ente....

Multi level IVR call handling generic key presses - Repeat 3 Times if caller enters no action.  Can we get an option for this to be just 1 time through the menu?  To wait for 3 times through is a pain.  
Photo of Janet Simpson

Janet Simpson

• 214 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Yes, absolutely agree, we're NOT happy with having such a delay before someone is either disconnected or transferred!!!
Photo of Russell Maher

Russell Maher

• 206 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled IVR Menu Repeat Delay - Make it configurable.  >>>> NOT SURE why this was merged into here because it is not the same topic but whatever.  Let's get these changes on the road map RingCentral.  Neither of them can be that difficult to implement. <<<<

Please please please make the number of seconds before an IVR menu prompt repeats configurable.  Currently the delay, a.k.a. silence is ten (10) seconds before the menu repeats.
If you combine that with the hard coded 3-repeat rule the caller may be sitting there for as long as two minutes before something else automatically happens.
The solutions is NOT the # sign etc. to have the caller force a repeat.  The only solution is to be able to reduce the amount of seconds where the caller has to listen to silence.
(Edited)
Photo of Chris Duquette

Chris Duquette, Champion

• 16,778 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
i believe there is a 3 time replay then disconnection if no action taken by the caller. but maybe a way to program repeats easier or more custom would be a benefit in some cases.
Photo of Russell Maher

Russell Maher

Chris, there is that choice but it is insufficient.

First, as Adam requested, there needs to be an option to choose a repeat number less than three times.  

Second, my issue, which I maintain is separate, is the fact that after each one of those repeats there is a ten second delay before the next time the prompt repeats.  That means 10 seconds of silence because there is no way to shorten that nor a way to include any sound during that wait.
(Edited)
Photo of Chris Duquette

Chris Duquette, Champion

hmm, is the dead air before repeat at the end of your greeting? when recording greetings I always give a few seconds of dead space to let people get their phone away from their ear to enter an option. If that is not the issue with your case, I think there would have to be something explained by someone in the RC food chain to try and resolve this, unless someone else can help out better than I. 
Photo of Russell Maher

Russell Maher

No.  We have trimmed our recording then timed the dead time afterwards.

I contacted RC support on Friday and was given responses varying from "that delay is there so people can make their selections" to "that is the way it is."
RC...these two changes seem to be really simple ones to make and you need to do them soon.
Photo of Chris Duquette

Chris Duquette, Champion

yeah the "dead air" was the only idea i could muster. If its still occuring and youve trimmed that time down, than yes RC needs to get to addressing.
Photo of Steven Latasa-Nicks

Steven Latasa-Nicks

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Additionally it would be good if the message could just play once and then go on to do something else. For example when we need to insert a special message on our main menu we have to record the whole message over again. It would be great just to be able to have two messages were the first one played and then immediately the second played.
Photo of Corporate Office

Corporate Office

• 294 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled IVR Greeting Prompt.

The number of times the IVR greeting prompt plays should be optional. Users should be able to customize the number of times they would like for the prompt to cycle. 
Photo of Mathew Madriaga

Mathew Madriaga

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled add option for an IVR greetings to be played number of times..

Please add an option to change how many times the IVR greetings should be played. 

By default it says, it will say the greetings 3 times and cannot be changed.
Photo of Chris Duquette

Chris Duquette, Champion

there is a way to insert messges inbetween breaks of your hold music im pretty sure, like after 30 seconds, so itd be nice to add this option into the greetings as well.
Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

• 37,358 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
That is currently available in Queue calls holding messages. However that is totally different than the original poster requested. They want to be able to control how many times the IVR message repeats.
(Edited)
Photo of PRIMARY

PRIMARY

• 202 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Having the option to play the IVR greeting just once on a Multi-level menu.

We are medical facilities and need the option to play the IVR greeting just once for multi-level IVR menus, we have multiple federated sites and plan on rolling out more. We do not want people who might need immediate medical attention having to wait through that greeting 3 times if they do not hit anything(not choosing an option is heavily used unfortunately...)
Photo of Michael Guzzetti

Michael Guzzetti

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Agreed! 
Photo of OJOFEITIMI

OJOFEITIMI

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled IVR greeting.

To change the number of times the company menu plays from 3x to 1x
Photo of COYLE

COYLE

Upvote for both being able to set the time of the dead air between repeats as well as the number of times it repeats. Would like to have these options for single-level IVR as well. TY!
Photo of Agim Zendeli

Agim Zendeli

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled IVR menu play once then forward.

Our main line goes to an IVR menu with several extensions and is set to forward to an extension if no input is received. We'd like it to forward after only one playback of the menu so that customers who don't know which one to enter can get a hold of someone right away.
Photo of OSINSKI

OSINSKI

Another vote for RingCentral to make this happen. Has anyone heard anything from them?
Photo of Jessica - Community Moderator

Jessica - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 8,344 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hey OSINSKI, 

We don't have an ETA on if/when this feature will be implemented. Once we have any additional information, we'll make sure to update this thread!
Photo of Matthew Wright

Matthew Wright

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Any update on this.  I am approaching the end of my plan and need to know if we should move on so I can start planning.
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

• 67,790 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Sorry, I haven't seen anything like this on the roadmap for this year
Photo of Janet Simpson

Janet Simpson

• 254 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
It seems this is something that your customers are requesting, I know it's something we're not happy with currently. When will the is be added to your feature list?

Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

Hi Janet, currently this is not on the roadmap. If that changes, I will update this thread
Photo of Janet Simpson

Janet Simpson

Thanks for getting back to me. How do we go about getting it on the roadmap? It seems we're not the only customer who is requesting this change.
Photo of OSINSKI

OSINSKI

+1 This seems like a very easy update that would allow for the system to work properly for a lot of needed business situations.
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

Hi Janet, voting helps! I also regularly send our Product Team feedback on requests. What really helps them is knowing use-case scenarios. They truly appreciate details. The more the better ;)
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Ability to shorten played greeting on general IVR settings if caller press no opt....

I would like to transfer to extension without hearing menu 3 times..  One time is enough
Photo of Janet Simpson

Janet Simpson

I agree, I don't understand why this isn't an option. Seems a fairly basic thing...
Photo of IT Guy

IT Guy

Same here, it would be nice if this could be set on a per IVR. Therefore those who like it can keep it and or modify it to the lowest IVR of their call tree.
Photo of Daniel Broomfield

Daniel Broomfield

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled IVR Improvements.

Two sought after features for IVR users are.
1. Change the amount of times a message will repeat before taking further action
2. Have an alternative prompt on additional passes.

For example. I might want to have an initial introduction message and then play my prompt choices but not have the introduction message play on subsequent play throughs

The solution to request 1 is pretty straightforward. Allow us to configure the number of times a message will play on each IVR menu.

For request 2 perhaps the best way to accomplish this is to add an option to play an alternative IVR prompt as a fallback response rather than disconnect or replay current prompt.

So you would combine the two options as follows.

Set the initial IVR prompt to only play once.
Set the no response option for the prompt to play a different IVR prompt. this can be configured with the alternative greeting.

We can then set different repeat/default actions against the second IVR prompt.

If solution 2 is not possible, then perhaps each IVR prompt can have an initial greeting and a repeat greeting.

For example on second play troughs I may want to add an intro strap line like "let me give you those options again.."
Photo of Thomas Spadaccino

Thomas Spadaccino

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Feature Request: Add the ability to modify the times a IVR menu is played.

Currently in the IVR Menus under Key Presses, it tells you:

"If a Caller enters no action after the prompt played 3 times"

Then it will perform an action you choose, Disconnect the call, or transfer to an extension.

We would like the ability to modify how many times this prompt plays before it does this action.

Screenshot of the menu.

Photo of Susannah Westwood

Susannah Westwood

• 186 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This is totally an unacceptable option (or lack of option).  In our growing hands-free world, folks can't "press 2" from the car device and then have to wait 3 cycles before connecting to our receptionist.  Our clients are VERY unhappy with us, stating poor customer service, however our volume of calls requires us to use an IVR auto-attendant.  PLEASE get your company (as I intend) to make a lot of requests to update this feature.  I love the idea of a drop down menu of options (1, 2 or 3 cycles).  Alternately, voice commands would also be a great option.
(Edited)
Photo of Liz Helder

Liz Helder

I completely agree. If our clients can't reach us in a reasonable time frame, it makes us look uncaring and incompetent.

It is crucial that we have an option to shorten or eliminate unnecessary cycles.
Photo of Lynn Blankenship

Lynn Blankenship

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I too would like to see this changed.  For the ease of our customers, we need a less onerous option.
Photo of Jamie Gingell

Jamie Gingell

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Three cycles is just too many!  
Photo of Michael Guzzetti

Michael Guzzetti

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This seems like a no-brainer.  Different businesses have different needs and some will not want their customers to wait that long.  Ring Central has so much customization elsewhere.  They really need to give control to their customers on this issue.
Photo of Gunjan

Gunjan

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Auto Attendant - No input default option..

The auto attendant has a default no input attempt value of 3. Is there a way to increase or decrease the number of attempts before the call is disconnected or routed to the operator?
Photo of Isaiah Hope

Isaiah Hope

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I just recently switched to RingCentral from another service and am about ready to cancel and request a refund. I run a call center that solicits inbound leads thru direct mail marketing. 

These calls cost on average $250 to generate and from years of IVR experience frustrated prospects who push a wrong input on an IVR are not willing to sit thru multiple prompts especially with the prevalence of hands free devices. 

I was told by support to create a topic here and the issue would be addressed but I see this has been a concern for two years.

How hard is it to add a field to change the 3 repeat prompts to 1???

I'm extremely frustrated and would like to be contacted before cancelling service and going back to my previous VoIP system.