Admin Access to All Users Voice Mail Messages

• Idea
  • Updated 1 year ago
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Admin: Provide admin access to users mailbox

1. Account type: USA
2. Business type: Interior Design Firm
3. Request:
Wondering if there can be an update where admin can access all messages without entering in each users' password.
4. Scenario:
That way if someone is out sick, on vacation, traveling for work, etc we are still getting back to our clients or potential clients. I don't want to have to ask my team for each of their passwords and have to store of list of them somewhere, that's not very secure. We have already missed messaged about potential new clients needing to reschedule or vendors needing to confirm product information to move forward with a client order.
5. Benefit:
Admin can make sure clients and vendors are receiving a return call on a timely basis.
6. No case number
7. Number of users: At least 24 with potential to grow.
Photo of Stephanie Bianco

Stephanie Bianco

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Chris Duquette

Chris Duquette, Champion

• 16,072 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Would forwarding the calls for that user through advanced rules help? there may be a way to get the calls sent directly to someone who is not out of the office and can handle the call volume.

Stephanie Bianco

If I do that, would I have to turn that feature off when they return? The less work possible would be best we often have employees on site visits, traveling etc. We have team members out so frequently it would be too much on top of current work loads to track when to turn forwarding on and off for each person.

Stephanie Bianco

Also, if this is not something to turn on and off. The design team versus admin receive such specific calls and questions it would be frustrating for a caller to keep getting the admin team when they are trying to reach the designer.

Stephanie Bianco

Sorry for the third reply, but if this helps understand. When designers are in office they are often working on multiple projects and on billable time- therefore not be able to answer a call right away but want a voice mail so they can return the call. If call forwarding was set all the time that would cause admin to answer, bug designer, then have to tell caller designer isn't available/offer to transfer to voicemail.  And traffic would be too much for the admin team.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.