Admin: Hide Certain Numbers from Users on the Company Contact List

• Idea
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • Implemented
  • (Edited)
Non-Profit Government Organization - we need to Hide Advanced Call Routing Numbers from the Company Contact List
Photo of Doug Casey

Doug Casey

• 534 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Jeremy Miller

Jeremy Miller

• 798 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Yeah, there should have already had the option to hide certain extensions. Users shouldn't see admin type stuff!
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

• 43,340 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Doug- can you post a screenshot (black-out private numbers) of what you are wanting hidden? 
Photo of Doug Casey

Doug Casey

Kim here is the start of the company contact list.  Each of the these numbers are Advanced call routing numbers.
Photo of Doug Casey

Doug Casey

Thanks Jeremy.  I have multiple offices with direct call lines into each one in a single tier environment.  I am using the Advanced Rules to route calls based on the number dialed and directing the call to an extension.  The extension rings a group giving me some flexibility with how the call is handle.  But, when a staff member uses his soft phone and dials the routing number the rules don't apply, the call is mishandled and routed incorrectly.  I either need to find some way to handle calls made from internal extensions or hide the number from staff so they don't use it.

I have thought about obscuring the number by giving it a different name or an extension that will place it at the end of the list.  It would be a lot cleaner if I had a check box that kept it from being listed in the directory.
Photo of Jeremy Miller

Jeremy Miller

• 798 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Kim, one example is our "After Hours Company Mailbox" extension displays in the company contact list. A checkbox like Doug mentioned would be perfect and easy to implement. 
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

• 43,340 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Great! Thanks for the additional information! This is very helpful. We may have an open thread for this that I may merge it to so we get more "votes" together  :-) 
Photo of ACCOUNT

ACCOUNT

• 808 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
We also have a need for this.  100 + Office Premium Account,  numerous extensions used for call routing purposes.  The company list gets "cluttered" and some users select incorrect extensions for transfers.
Photo of Cecile Glassy

Cecile Glassy, Champion

• 17,626 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
We have a need for this option as well - we have administrative lines that should not be shown, vieweable or searchable by general users, and courtesy phones  at all our sites - we use these as "call out: phones in front offices at each building -   do not want the number viewable and do not want it "searchable" for these and do not want them to receive voicemails.  We have these set as so voicemail, hand up and no message in the portal - but they still receive an accumulation of voicemails somehow anyway.
Photo of Bryan

Bryan

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
We also have a need for this.  We are rolling out this system within our company and will potentially have about 400 users.  It would be great to be able to hide executive level/ owner extensions/ numbers from the rest of the company.
Photo of Cecile Glassy

Cecile Glassy, Champion

• 17,626 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
06-06-2017  I would like to suggest that this option be  turned into a checkbox type preference for Administrators to designate access via the web portal - like  a yes/no toggle "Private"  - not accessible for "regular" users 
(Edited)
Photo of Chris Duquette

Chris Duquette, Champion

• 14,778 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
yeah like an addition to the roles section seems like a good spot for this. just allow or not allow users to view company numbers and only be able to set caller ID based on numbers that "they need to know"
Photo of Chris Duquette

Chris Duquette, Champion

• 14,778 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
i'd also like some insight on landing a 400 seat account :) lol
Photo of Big Papa J

Big Papa J

• 494 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Block a group from being in Contact List.

Is it possible to have a check box in settings for a group that would block that group from showing up in the Softphone contacts? Currently I have an Message only group for nighttime voicemails, as well as some specific call queues and there is no need to have those extensions show up in contacts list.
Photo of Bryan

Bryan

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Are we any closer to getting an enhancement for this?

Thanks!
Photo of Saadet - Community Support

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 45,126 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello Tball,

Unfortunately we have not received an ETA on if/when this feature may become available. As soon as I hear something I will update this thread and everyone who is following it will receive an email :)
Photo of Mohab Khalifa

Mohab Khalifa

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
It would be nice to hide Execs from the directory to minimize the number of unnecessary calls they receive when dialing into the IVR.
Photo of Jan Ferguson, Channel Partner

Jan Ferguson, Channel Partner, Champion

• 32,184 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
If you are talking about the Dial-By-Name Directory, you can do that now. See the screen capture below. Simply check those names/extensions that you want to be in the directory. If you don't want the executives in there, don't check their name.

As far as the IVR message, if you don't want the executives listed in the IVR itself, don't include them in the message (press 5 for Mr. President, press 6 for the CEO, etc. - this is an example - DO NOT include them in the message if they are there).
Photo of Bob Robinson

Bob Robinson, Champion

• 2,452 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Is this just for certain service levels?
Photo of Michael Berkeley

Michael Berkeley

• 312 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I also have this need.  I have several groups that are used for routing calls, but should not appear in the contact list for the company.  Please add this feature.

Just to clarify the request here was NOT implemented.  Only the Dial By Name directory is excluding names/numbers.

See new idea here: https://community.ringcentral.com/ringcentral/topics/ability-to-hide-user-accounts-from-company-dire...
(Edited)