Admin User/Ext in Analytics Portal: 100% Missed Calls

• Question
  • Updated 1 week ago
  • Answered
Account Type: US/Office

I was reviewing the new analytics portal and found something unusual: our admin extension (super user) is reporting as though it is the recipient of all/most inbound calls, with a 100% missed rate. I've scoured out configurations and confirmed that this extension isn't part of any call handling rules, so I'm confused as to why it is reflected this way.

My only guess is that this admin extension is tied to the primary toll free number (the main company number) somehow, and that is why this is happening. Ultimately, it would be nice to not have this extension skew the report data, but I also want to make sure that we don't have something misconfigured.

As a clarifying point: My company has been with RC since 2009/2010, there's no denying that they have dramatically improved upon the system from back then. I'm not even sure if a new user today has an "admin" extension, but I wanted to express that we do, as it was part of our initial account setup at that time.
Photo of Elite Moving Labor

Elite Moving Labor

• 70 Points

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Saadet - Community Support

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 44,822 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hey there! I'm going to follow up with our Product Team about this and get their input. We'll get back to you when we hear more!
Photo of Brandon Scivolette

Brandon Scivolette, Champion

• 1,934 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Thank you. Also, I clearly made the mistake of asking this question under the admin user, not my individual account. Whoops! 
Photo of Jessica - Community Support

Jessica - Community Support, Official Rep

• 1,246 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hey Brandon, 

We followed up with the Product Team and they mentioned that it could have to do with pulling the toll free number, but it could also be due to any ring groups on the account. It was advised to make sure to exclude the admin extension from the report going forward :)  
Photo of Brandon Scivolette

Brandon Scivolette, Champion

• 1,934 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I appreciate the follow up and answer! I agree that this extension seems to be directly tied to the TF number, showing a 'call' for every inbound instance. I have confirmed that this extension is not part of any queue, and cannot be dialed directly under any circumstance.

It's good to know that's it only affects reporting. Thanks again!