Admin: change users (DND, available, offline)

• Idea
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
  • Under Consideration
  • (Edited)
As an admin, I should have the ability to change any extensions DND status. If an agent leaves their desk and forgets to remove their phone from the que, I have to log into their extension and change it for them.
Photo of Jonathan Snavely

Jonathan Snavely

• 1,244 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
  • Frustrated

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Shawna Berg

Shawna Berg

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I want to control the Do Not Accept Queue Calls Option as an Admin.

Our employees put themselves in and out of the queue as they see fit. I would like to be able to control if they are in a queue or not by overriding their options. This is becoming a serious issue for my support department. All other phone companies I have demo'd with give the control to the admin. Can you please develop
Photo of Jeffrey Herzfeld

Jeffrey Herzfeld

• 214 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This is a must needed feature.
Photo of Roronoa Zoro

Roronoa Zoro

• 174 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Ability to switch a user's status from the admin portal.

Please have the option for the admin to change the user extension's status.

Some users are switching to "Do Not Accept calls" or "Do Not accept Call queue calls.
Photo of MichaelB

MichaelB

• 62 Points
Also adding to this as we have just had a remote employee rushed to hospital, is still "available" in RingCentral and we are unable to set her number to DND.
Photo of Gareth Williams

Gareth Williams

• 126 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This would be handy for when people go on leave and I can set them to DND or Offline. Currently I am having to remove people from a call queue and then add them back in when they return.

Preferably I would like to be able to alter the users settings "Do Not Accept calls" or "Do Not accept Call queue calls.
Photo of Lance Adams

Lance Adams

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Feature request for do not disturb.

I want to go to admin portal online and get the status of DND on each user's phone. I don't want to load any bridge software or any other software to do this.
Photo of Joshua Darrin

Joshua Darrin

• 314 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
There is another thread with this same request - perhaps if RC put all the votes together, it would get some attention. I have been quite vocal about this today. Like this one, the other thread has been open 4 years. I think all development at RC has stopped. The planned items are all 2 years old.

Jeffrey Herzfeld

Ring Central, can you please confirm when this will be on the roadmap? Seems to be many users who would like this feature.
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

• 67,990 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Jeffrey, it's not on the roadmap for this year. If it's something that makes it to the roadmap next year, I'll update this thread
Photo of S. Crowley

S. Crowley

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
That is completely ridiculous that admins have ZERO way of keeping employees in the call queues. this is a CRITICAL feature, and 4+ years without any update is bull
Photo of GeorgeS

GeorgeS

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Do not take calls Make status available to Admins.

Posting on behalf of a customer. Several (50 +) US sites, : Using call queues. Would like a status/view of users that have put them selves into "do not take calls" or "do not take queue calls" in Service Web. Being able to change this status would be helpful as well.

Users are not tech savvy and either place themselves in a mode inadvertently,  or just forget. Admins need to start an online meeting to show users how to put themselves back into a state able to take calls.

Jeffrey Herzfeld

Agree, but year after year it seems to be going to next years roadmap...
Photo of Cody Tousignant

Cody Tousignant

• 76 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
We used presence/statuses in our old phone system to indicate whether or not someone was in the office; we wrongfully assumed that admins would have the ability to change statuses with RingCentral and it's been a difficult feature to lose since the migration.

Like GeorgeS' situation, sometimes users forget to set their own status accordingly and having an admin change it seems like a standard solution.