Allow end user to call the 1-800 support number without account number

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate. If you have a related question on this subject, please post a new topic.

need the ability for the end user to call the 1-800 support number and actually get support without account number
Photo of Craig Whitfield

Craig Whitfield

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Cecile Glassy

Cecile Glassy, Champion

• 15,154 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Each user does have access to the account number -   this is how our users login to the web portal,  appended with their own extension  and their own password.    How would RingCentral offer support to the correct user without providing the actual account # ?    Any other service company usually requires the account # in order to provide service.

Photo of Craig Whitfield

Craig Whitfield

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

where is the account number?

Photo of Pamela Squires

Pamela Squires

• 832 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
If every end user calls in for the same issue at a company, Ring Central would be overwhelmed helping people to work through identical issues.  We have 2 people designated at our company to handle Ring Central inquiries and problems.  When there is any sort of a RC issue, they come to me first.  It doesn't just help Ring Central, but prevents us all from wasting time doing the same thing.  Declare one or two people as the experts and boost productivity.  Just a thought.  
Photo of Craig Whitfield

Craig Whitfield

wasting  your time...maybe you should not be in customer support

Photo of Craig Whitfield

Craig Whitfield

when the end usr calls the 1-800 support number the person answering asks for the last four numbers of hte account number - we do not give out our account number to the end user - when they do not have this information they are refused support - you should call the number and see how far you get before responding like this - it is just another reflection of the level of service we have recieved and just one of the primary reasons we are looking into other solutions

Photo of Pamela Squires

Pamela Squires

• 832 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I think you may have misunderstood.  I definitely don't work for Ring Central and I am also not in customer support.  Our company has been with Ring Central just for the past few months.  I was just trying to offer some friendly advice from one company to another.  We don't want our end users calling RC for support when most of their inquiries can be solved without a call.  And when there is an actual RC issue, it would hurt productivity if we didn't have one person designated to take care of the problem.  It obviously hurts productivity if there is a phone problem and all your end users call in, instead of just one.  I am the one at our company that contacts RC and I have come to know most of them by name and they have always been courteous and helpful.
Photo of Cecile Glassy

Cecile Glassy, Champion

• 15,082 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Craig,  how do your users login to use the web portal to manage their own extensions?
Photo of Craig Whitfield

Craig Whitfield

I just noticed these replies are from 2 different people.  I feel like I have been told to just shut up.
Photo of Cecile Glassy

Cecile Glassy, Champion

• 15,082 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
IS this the same Login screen you use to access your Account ?
(Edited)
Photo of Craig Whitfield

Craig Whitfield

have you called the support number in the welcome email?  Also you say "If every end user calls in for the same issue at a company, Ring Central would be overwhelmed helping people to work through identical issues" - is your team only there for new issues?  does every caller need to have unique issues so you don't waste your time?  why is the support line available if you feel it is a waste of time?
Photo of Pamela Squires

Pamela Squires

• 812 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I think you are taking my message in the wrong tone and I apologize for that.  There are issues that affect one user and issues that affect us company-wide.  Since end users come to me with all of their phone problems, I can almost always fix their problem in a matter of minutes just due to my experience with other user issues over the last few months.  Every user calling up RC for every issue they had/thought they had is not a good idea when I most likely have the answer already.  It's a time-saver.  Our end-users are never a waste of my time and I never said that.  I don't like to feel like I am wasting someone else's time (and 50 people calling in to report the exact same problem is clearly a waste of several people's time).  

If our issue is company-wide, end users will trickle into my office with reports of the issue.  It would be silly for all of us to call in with this one issue, so I am the one who reports that problem.  That's what I meant in your above quote.
Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

• 26,844 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Craig, your account number is your main phone number "Company number"  That is what they are asking for.

This should work for you.

Were you assigned an implementation advisor when you signed up?  This person helps with setup ETC,

Unless you signed up through a reseller in that case they will assist with your config and setup.

What is the issue?

Chuck
Certified RC Installer
chuck@yoritguy.com

Thanks
Photo of Cecile Glassy

Cecile Glassy, Champion

• 15,154 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Craig it is possible you are really frustrated and do not understand what we are asking - no one is telling you to shut up -  we are just trying to help get you to a place where you can get some resolution on your issue.
Photo of Craig Whitfield

Craig Whitfield

the phone number does not work.  when the end user calls the 1800 number in the Welcome email that is generated by creating a new user they ask for the last 4 of the account number which we do not give out.  I am done.  I feel like i am arguing with children in this forum.  As i said before  this is a reflection of the level of support we receive.  It is a waste of OUR time not yours. 
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 91,038 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for chiming in and trying to help out everyone. 

I will try to provide some more clarity and assistance.  

As Chuck stated above, the main phone number on the account often referred to as the account number.   But, there might be a few things causing confusion.  If a user (non-admin) in the account calls in for support they agent might ask for the last for digits of the account number (meaning the credit card number) on the account, if that person is requesting info, or a change which is only permitted to Admins. I will follow up without training and QA people to make sure the agents are being clear. 

However, if a use is just needing some basic help, they shouldn't need to verify the last 4 digits of the credit card.  The phone number (and extension) on the account should be adequate. 

For end users (non-admins),  this Community might be the best place for them to get support.   If the users log into the Community with their RingCentral phone number +extension, then that process allows Community moderators, to identify the user and match the Community members profile to the related RingCentral account.  When they log in on the main RingCentral site, or the Community they'll get prompted with this Window Cecile mentioned above. 

End users are welcome to contact us through any of our support channels here.

I hope this helps!

Mike 
Photo of Craig Whitfield

Craig Whitfield

Mike - I appreciate the professional response.  The other team members here could use some training in that area.  I have been through the end user support process and never get pass the account number issue.  I have called as an end user and tried to get instructions on how to transfer a call and they will not provide any level of support without the last 4 of the account number. 

(Edited)
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 88,774 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Craig,  You are very welcome.  The other members that posted above are not actually RingCentral employees. They are just other customers trying to help out.   In either case, I always value feedback from all customers and in this case I can certainly see how some coaching is probably in order for the phone agents.    

If you or anyone in your company ever needs help, and don't know where to turn, you are always welcome to post here.  If we can't directly answer your question here we will do so, or,  we can escalate the issue to someone who can. 

Mike 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.