Can I answer calls from headset using the Chrome Google extension?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate. If you have a related question on this subject, please post a new topic.

We have the RingCentral extension installed in my chrome browser because we are using Chromeboxes and there's no desktop app for it.

For whatever reason we are not able to answer the calls by pressing the answer button on the headset. Is there a setting I'm missing?
Photo of Luiz Untura

Luiz Untura

• 72 Points
  • stressed

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 92,916 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Yes, you should be able to answer phone calls using the Google Chrome extension, but, the answer button on the headset, will depend on the model you are using.  

We now have a list of supported headsets.  Visit this page for details:  Desktop App: Recommended Wireless Headsets

Also, to get full call controls with the various headsets, you may have to install software from the vendor, which may or may not be available on the Chromeboxes. 

Plantronics devices do require that you install their Hub software to get full functionality. 
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.