Apple Softphone Issues

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate. If you have a related question on this subject, please post a new topic.

Ring Central support for Apple users is VERY much lacking. I am in the financial services business & call quality is important. I chose the Plantronics Savi 730. It uses DECT technology. Crystal clear on the RingCentral softphone. It has a long range too. The only issue is with RingCentral, not Plantronics. I give up tons of functionality by using the Ring Central softphone on my Apple Mac. It has been months since Ring Central completed their upgrade on the PC Softphone. But they do not consider Apple users very important for some reason. Is there any time frame on the Apple upgrade?
Photo of Mark Thompson

Mark Thompson

• 598 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

• 44,084 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I will try to find out some more info on this for you
Photo of Arshkit Dullat

Arshkit Dullat, Alum

• 440 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Mark - thanks for the question. Could you provide more specifics on what you feel is missing on the Mac? We have almost similar feature sets for the RingCentral Desktop App on Win and Mac.
Photo of Brandon

Brandon, Champion

• 25,034 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
What version are you running and what functionality are you missing?  Mine has seen several recent updates and seems very functional.  Also, today they are announcing new apps with the 8.1 feature release, so stand by.  I am running 8.0.6.20118

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.