Are text messages backed up anywhere? phone numbers and details of text?

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • Answered
Are text messages backed up or completely logged anywhere including on desk top app? if so does it unclude phone numbers and conversations? IF so can it be turned on/ off and only for specific phone numbers?
Photo of Tina

Tina

• 236 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of Saadet - Community Support

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 53,966 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Tina,

You can learn more about our Message Storage and Account Data Retention Policy. I would suggest using something like RingCentral Archiver if possible. You could also check out our Developers Community and see if they have any recommendations for an app/integration we may have that will help :)
Photo of Van Yon REALTOR

Van Yon REALTOR

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am so distressed to learn that all my achived/old texts have been deleted automatically by ringcentral. I am in need of important client text communications with prior clients for a legal proceeding  and I was simply told if I don't see the text in the mobile app then they are permanently deleted and un-retrievable! The ringcentral achiever has disappeared & I see the following message: Warning:
This standalone site for RingCentral Archiver is no longer supported. To continue with RingCentral Archiver, please go to https://service.ringcentral.com and access RingCentral Archiver from Tools menu. Please contact RingCentral support if you need any assistance. 

I normally have other vital info backed-up to a dropbox folders, but not for RingCentral. Prior service providers I have used for similar services, allowed for, or had the ability to back-up text messages & searchable history. I regret making the switch now, especially for the amount of money I pay for RingCentral service.

Van Yon, Broker
Commercial Realty of Georgia
Photo of Saadet - Community Support

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 53,966 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Van Yon,

RingCentral has thousands of customers and some accounts have thousands of Users. Unfortunately, we are not able to keep every single account's messages forever. If you're having issues with the RC Archiver tool, please do contact Support so we can look into it.