Attendant Console for RingCentral!

• Praise
  • Updated 5 months ago
Bridge Communications has released an enterprise-grade Attendant Console for RingCentral. Please find more information at www.bridgeoc.com.
Photo of Gary Manske

Gary Manske

• 916 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
  • Excited

Posted 11 months ago

Photo of Telephone Bill

Telephone Bill

• 392 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

This appears to be a soft console. How does it compare to the VVX 450 and VVX EM50 set up. I'm not opposed to a soft console. But I like the hardware as I does not tend to fail like software. Your thoughts?
Photo of Gary Manske

Gary Manske

Hi Bill, hardware is a viable option.  Especially for small offices with not much complexity.

Some of the benefits of the Bridge Operator Console include faster navigation, AI, runs on any platform/form factor (Apple, PC, Android, Computer, tablet, phone, etc, etc). Soft consoles can also provide more functionality than a hard phone can. Also, new features can easily be enabled without the need to flash firmware.

I encourage you to trial the Bridge Operator Console. There’s no cost or commitment to a 30-day trial.

https://www.ringcentral.com/apps/bridge-operator-console

Happy to answer any questions!

Gary Manske
gary.manske@bridgeoc.com

Photo of Telephone Bill

Telephone Bill

• 392 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

I will try it when we are a bit closer to the "go live" date Gary. We are currently in negotiations with Ring Central. My current task is to get our Telco team ready for the transition expected in Q4 2019. 

We are a growing medical insurer of 600+ employees. So I will not be allowed any down time during the cut-over. To that end I am trying my best to have everything we need to go live when the order comes down from on high.

I like the idea of a soft console for a firm our size. But I have concerns over the reliability of current operating systems. Will the software run on a Linux or better yet on Solaris? I have a Solaris/Unix system running on a Sun server that has not failed once in 6+ years.

Bill
Photo of Gary Manske

Gary Manske

The Bridge Operator Console for RingCentral runs on any modern web browser (e.g. Chrome, Firefox, Edge, etc). Chrome runs on Linux for example. I believe Solaris 11.4 comes bundled with Firefox but I could be mistaken.  
Photo of Tim Smith

Tim Smith

• 272 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Will it run in a Virtual desktop/Terminal server environment?
Photo of Telephone Bill

Telephone Bill

• 372 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Great question Tim. During business hours, this is a mission critical application. So I have questions. . .

Is this a 3rd-party application or was it developed by RingCentral programmers.
Who supports it?
On what OS will it run? For example any Linux distros?
Are there any terminals that can load it?

I would hesitate to put it on a Windows PC and have a "Patch Tuesday" kill it.
Photo of Gary Manske

Gary Manske

• 842 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Telephone Bill, I will do my best to answer your questions but welcome a call or you to schedule a demo to discuss further.
1. 3rd party? Bridge Communications is a Premier partner with RingCentral.
2. This is supported by Bridge Communications. For quick questions, you can use Web Chat. There is also the ability to schedule time with an engineer, phone or online ticketing system. With 34,000+ clients worldwide, we understand support.
3. The Bridge Operator Console for RingCentral runs on any modern web browser. So, the platform doesn't matter. Safari on iOS or Mac, Chrome, Firefox, Edge on PC, Chrome on Android, etc.

For a demo and/or further discussion, you can schedule here: https://www.bridgeoc.com/services/gtmdemo.htm
Photo of Tim Smith

Tim Smith

• 272 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I can also vouch that it works in a virtual desktop. I even tested this from a Dell WYSE Thin Client running Thin OS. I logged into my virtual desktop (running on a Windows 2012 R2 server) and I was able to place calls to and from my personal cell phone from my Ring Central number. This feature makes it superior to Ring Centrals desktop app (which will not work in my environment).
Photo of Gary Manske

Gary Manske

Any modern web browser Tim, Yes sir.
Photo of Doug Routledge

Doug Routledge

• 284 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
A quick promo video.

https://bit.ly/2Wup7QL

Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

• 35,672 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I'm sorry to say but other than saying RingCentral Ready , that promo video told me nothing. It moved too quickly to even get a look at what the screens were showing and if it wasn't for this thread, I would have no idea what it even was. Even knowing what it is, I would never use the video's information to make a purchase of it. My eyes are still spinning.

Please accept my above comments as constructive. I mean no malice...just trying to tell you what an independent viewer saw and experienced.
Photo of Gary Manske

Gary Manske

Thank you for the feedback, J.B. Ferguson!

You can find some 'overview' videos on our YouTube channel. Additionally, you can attend an online, open demo tomorrow (5/19) at 11:00 am Central if you'd like. You can register here. OR, you can schedule a demo on our website (www.bridgeoc.com)

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to let me know. I'd be happy to assist.

Photo of Doug Routledge

Doug Routledge

• 284 Points 250 badge 2x thumb