Auto deauthorize

• Idea
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Desktop App: authorize my softphone to be used on multiple PCs

US account, small transportation business using a mix of softphone and desk phone.  We have users who work remotely and at the office, irregularly.  At home they use the softphone, but also have it up at the office.   Currently we are required to login and deauthorize the PC before we can use it for outbound calls on the next PC.   It's an unnecessary step.

I would like to see an option to automatically deauthorize the other PC when logging in to a second PC.  We had this with our past provider.  The user logged in and had a warning prompt, giving them the option to logout/deauthorize the last used PC.  

This would save the remote user the extra step of logging in and going to settings to manually deauthorize before logging in to the softphone again. 

15 users on our account.  This would affect 4 of them. 
Photo of Jason Kirkpatrick

Jason Kirkpatrick

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 weeks ago

Photo of Bob Robinson

Bob Robinson, Champion

• 4,214 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
The newer RingCentral desktop app (which will be the desktop app in early 2020) doesn't have this restriction.  This idea has been requested quite a few times but my guess is that it will not change in the RC Phone app, as it is on its way to being replaced.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.