Automatic Pbd generation

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution, has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate.  If you have questions or comments related to this to thread, please create a new topic, or post to anot

The fax image/pbd that I receive via an email message which results from the automatic pbd creation of fax messages sent to me is generally of poor quality and very often reduced in size.  What can I do to improve the image?
Photo of Tonia E. Rowland

Tonia E. Rowland

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 94,780 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Are you actually referring to "pdf" files? If you still need an answer on this please clarify. Thanks!

Mike 

Tonia E. Rowland

yes.  

Tonia E. Rowland

Again, Is there anything that can be done to correct the "poor quality" of the "faxed image".... ie: the ".pdf" file?  Again, it is very often of extremely poor quality which makes Ringcentral a poor option for me in most cases.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Hi Tonia,  The quality most likely depends on the origination of the fax.  Depending on how the sender is sending the fax, ie. traditional fax machine, scanner/email etc.   Are the poor quality faxes coming from the same sender(s). If the faxes are originating from a scanner, it's possible they are scanning at a resolution that is too low. You may have to contact the sender and find out how they are sending.

Mike

Tonia E. Rowland

I have had documents faxed to me that were very good quality but the image was distorted and/or resized incorrectly.  I don't understand how an 8 1/2 X 11 document can be resized to a much smaller size based on "how the sender is sending the fax"???
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

I've seen some strange things in the past and it may depend on the original file and the conversion process. For example, I've seen some Excel files that get changed when they are converted to pdf.  If you are still having problems with this you are welcome to open up a Case and if possible include some examples of this happening. Open a Case

Mike 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.