Azure AD SSO

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
I am aware that RingCentral already has means of integrating SSO, is there currently any movement towards adding SAML 2.0 SSO to the RingCentral Azure AD application?
Photo of Alex

Alex

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Ben W

Ben W

• 230 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Alex, we've just signed up for Ring Central Premium and would really like this feature too. If I'm honest, I've no idea what the Azure app actually does... it looks like not a lot. OKTA is an option, but its yet another service, and we're invested in Azure, so it would be nice to have direct SSO. 
Photo of Alex

Alex

Ben, I don't know if you're still following this, but it looks like SSO got added to the Azure app at some point. Not 100% sure when
Photo of LeVar Chan-Williams

LeVar Chan-Williams

• 184 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Why is there no comment or answer from RC on this? Do they not care?   Should I just switch over to Microsoft for my phone services since it's already integrated with Office 365 and we already heavily use Teams?
Photo of Alex

Alex

I haven't looked at this for a while as there had been no response but it looks like the RingCentral app in the Azure Enterprise gallery has been updated to support SAML SSO out of the box.
Photo of John Wang

John Wang, Employee

• 278 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi all, RingCentral supports SSO via industry standard SAML 2.0. You can see more information here:

https://success.ringcentral.com/articles/RC_Knowledge_Article/6748

3. What are the requirements for SSO?
An IDP (Identity provider) which supports SAML 2.0 is required. Most IDPs in the industry support SAML2.0, but it should still be confirmed before the SSO implementation.
It seems like this may have been missed earlier because this was posted in the developer forum and SSO is covered by our main user team as an out-of-the-box feature. I've moved this to our regular user community where the team that covers this responds to questions.
Photo of Alex

Alex

Yeah, the topic getting posted in the wrong place is my mistake. I was browsing the developer forum at the time and forgot they were separate when I created my topic.