Desktop vs Legacy phone

• Idea
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate. If you have a related question on this subject, please post a new topic. Thank you The RingCentral C

I used to be really good with your user interface, but now...this "new" user interface is so hard to use, so bad, so frustrated, so poorly designed and limiting that I will not even learn about all your new features until you fix it.  Any way to go back to the simple UI you had before you put this one in place?  I have two accounts with multiple lines, plus 50+ extra phone numbers and finally am looking for a new provider JUST SO I CAN USE IT without wasting time.  Contact me directly if you want to know specific design blunders.
Photo of Jules Griggs

Jules Griggs

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 94,388 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hello Jules, 

Thanks for your post.  It is indeed possible to roll back to the Legacy phone if you wish.  The link below will direct you to a page that will allow you to download the software and you'll also see a side-by-side comparison of the Legacy version vs. the newer RingCentral Desktop version.  Our developers are working diligently to add more features to the RC Desktop.  

Legacy Softphone and Ringcentral for Desktop app Comparison

We realize there is a learning curve to using the new RingCentral Desktop app and Mobile App, so we've developed a variety of informational and training resources for everyone to use. We encourage you to download any of these resources, watch any of the recorded webinars, and register for the upcoming Live Webinars. 

Register for Upcoming RingCentral Customer Training Webinars

View all RingCentral User Guides (downloadable),  Recorded Webinars and Videos

If you do wish to provide design feedback to our Product Team, you can do so right here on the Community.  The are dozens of existing Idea/Feature requests which you can post on, or you can create new threads if you wish. How do I submit a request for a new Idea or Feature?

I hope this helps!

Mike 
Photo of Jules Griggs

Jules Griggs

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hi Mike,

Thanks for replying.  But I am referring to the online UI (User Interface).

I will give you a great examples on how the UI is useless.

Where can I view all my extension on one page on one list (like I used to) in numbered order?

This was very helpful when adding a new extension as I could see what the last one in that series was.

Now,  I actually have to track my extensions outside my online account so I can view them better.

Your small middle window that only uses 1/3 of your website and only shows the tiny view of 10 users is impossible to use to anyone other than a tiny customer.

Forget the detailed version of the call log...to see the entire log you need to scroll down and to the right...

I am sure there are many employees who have never even seen the old UI, but while it was very basic, it was useable.

With the new UI, I avoid my account as much as I can which causes me to not use features.

While I see you have updated your website for responsiveness and for Google's new SEO mobile standard, the UI that your customers use needs completely redone.

The race comes is on between that happening and me finding the time to find another provider.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 94,388 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for the clarification and comments. Unfortunately it is not possible to roll back to a previous version of the web interface. I do understand how viewing some items can be difficult on larger accounts. I can not promise you any sort of change or ETA for change but these comments are appreciated and are regularly reviewed by our Product Team. 

Mike 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.