Beeping sound when answering phone/during call

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: : We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate. If you have a related question on this subject, please post a new topic. Thank you The RingCentral

Lately, I've been getting a beeping sound when answering calls and during the phone call. It sounds similar to beep you would hear before you leave a message on a cell phone. Ring Central is trying to duplicate the issue because they're not hearing it. Anyone else experiencing this?
Photo of C Christie

C Christie

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Spivey

Spivey

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Today I started hearing a beep every time I make an outgoing call, the beep occurs only when the receiving party answers the phone - rather annoying as many of the people I have called mentioned it.  On incoming calls though there is no such beep when I answer the phone.  I have been a ring central user for 1 year and have never heard such a beep.  Any way to turn it off?

Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,198 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Are you by any chance hearing the beeps for automatic call recording? 
Photo of Spivey

Spivey

not sure Mike - Never heard it until today - Call recording is on I believe (internal purposes only) but this is the first time in a year I have heard the beeping.  Also if that is the case why would it not beep when I answer an incoming call as it is being recorded as well.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Sounds like an account admin may have turned it on if you are hearing it for the first time. There's a setting that turns on/off the beeps for outbound calls. 

Photo of Dustin Showers

Dustin Showers, Champion

• 3,170 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
As of yesterday, I am also hearing this, Mike.

the outgoing sounds like the "bubble tone" but it's only 1 beep, and it's every single call.  

I have not personally heard, but have multiple reports that they're hearing the same tone for incoming calls.

what was the procedure to remove the bubble tone from our accounts?
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

HI Dustin,  The bubble tone can be removed by request. You'll just need to open a support case. Use this link: Open a Case
(Edited)
Photo of Dustin Showers

Dustin Showers, Champion

Thanks Mike!  anyway we can confirm that's what this is?  i thought the bubble tone was only for outgoing calls?
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Spivey,   I'm doing some more research on this.  Let me know if you've tested (turned on/off) the call recording to see if that is the cause. 
Photo of Dustin Showers

Dustin Showers, Champion

Mike, FYI i have recording enabled, but the tone disabled.  we still have it.
Photo of Spivey

Spivey

I am not an admin and my admin is on vacay at this time - I talked to all admins here and from Tuesday to Wednesday they have changed nothing on our end - again the bubble tone started Wednesday.  I know recordings are enabled currently but it looks like I am unable to turn recordings off. 
(Edited)
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

• 43,524 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Spivey, only the ADMIN can disable this feature on your account. 
Photo of Spivey

Spivey

ok so one of my admins just verified that it was not checked - he also mentioned that he is hearing it as well.  I will have him turn recordings off to see if it still exists -

I will also mention today on some calls the bubble tone has been intermittent through the entire call and on others it just beeps when the person picks up - before today it only beeped once upon the call connecting.

Photo of Spivey

Spivey

I will have him turn recording off and see if I am still getting the beep -
Photo of Spivey

Spivey

stay tuned....
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Official Response
Sounds like an account admin may have turned it on if you are hearing it for the first time. There's a setting that turns on/off the beeps for outbound calls. 

Photo of Dustin Showers

Dustin Showers, Champion

mine is off, im still hearing those tones.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

We are looking into this and will update this thread as soon as we can. 
Photo of Tony Noto

Tony Noto

• 126 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Have there been any updates? This is occurring on all 6 of my accounts with Ringcentral. Coupled with the bubble tones we are looking to discontinue service and find a new provider. This beeping occurs with or without call recording on.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Yes, they've identified the problem and have a fix planned which will be pushed out. Unfortunately I do not yet have a date for it to be released at this time.
(Edited)
Photo of Tony Noto

Tony Noto

• 126 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thank you for your prompt reply Mike. If they had more reps like you everything would run smoothly!
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Official Response
For anyone who is still getting the beep, even after disabling the tone as explained in this thread, there is a fix on the way. We don't have an exact ETA yet, but the fix will be pushed out in a new release in the coming weeks.
Photo of Dustin Showers

Dustin Showers, Champion

Thanks Mike!
Photo of Aaron Holt

Aaron Holt

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Glad to hear you guys are working on it. This is annoying and your tech support reps don't know about it so lots of time is wasted on both sides trying to figure it out. You should make them aware of it.

Hope a fix occurs soon. Between this and the bubble tone, it's getting frustrating working with you guys. I love new features, but I wish RingCentral was more successful at not breaking stuff along the way.

Thank you for letting us know about this, Mike. I will just wait for a fix and leave tech support alone for a few weeks.
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

Aaron, the bubble tone, which is basically a hold tone while RingCentral waits for the exterior carrier to connect the call, can be disabled.  Have the account Admin create a webcase requesting it to be removed. :-) 
Photo of Aaron Holt

Aaron Holt

Hi Kim. Thanks for letting me know. Glad to hear that it can finally be removed! :-)
Photo of Southeast Finance

Southeast Finance

• 60 Points
A new release came out today but it did not fix the beeping sound.  When will the release come out that fixes this?
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

Official Response
It will be fixed in 7.4 
Photo of Spivey

Spivey

Thanx Kim - when will 7.4 come out?  What do I need to do? - this beep is driving us CRAZY!!!
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

If the above image that Mike posted didn't fix the beeping, the we need to wait for 7.4.  

7.4 is being released soon, but unfortunately I don't have the exact release dates yet. We just have to wait it out for now until the fix is rolled out. 
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

7.4 is now beginning to be pushed out. You should have it within the next 3 weeks. 
Photo of Aaron Holt

Aaron Holt

Yay! Glad to hear it.
Photo of Joe Hafner

Joe Hafner

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled beeping when calling out.

I am using the Ring Central App on my IPHONE Whenever I dial out I get a beep every ten seconds or so during the call.  How do I turn this off.  It drives me crazy

Thank You  
Photo of Joe Hafner

Joe Hafner

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Fixed and loving it.  Thank You!
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Happy to help!  If you have a moment would you mind taking a very brief survey?  Tell us about your visit - 30 Seconds!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.