Best info for Provisioning Polycom 411s

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
Just wondering who has the best info on how to easy program Polycom VVX411s? I'm going to start provisioning on my own and selling the phone for extra money and would like some pointers and good info. Who's gonna help me?
Photo of Chris Duquette

Chris Duquette, Champion

• 14,544 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
  • needy

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of JD

JD

• 664 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
What kind of programming are you planning to accomplish? Once you register the device to RingCentral it will overwrite all those settings you change. Unless you just set it up as a "Generic BYOD" instead of specifying in RingCentral the phone you're trying to add is a Polycom.
Photo of Chris Duquette

Chris Duquette, Champion

all id be looking to do is bring a phone to a job site already provisioned for ringcentral service. or at least be able to do it quickly while on it. i want the phone to work on RC without being bought or leased from RC.
Photo of Chris Duquette

Chris Duquette, Champion

Yeah I then miss out on the sales of the phones, it recently hurt when I signed up a customer for 25 devices and wasn't aware I'd be missing out on 5k dollars in sold phones. I won't let that happen again. So if the customer wants to lease that's great, if they buy, I need to provision on my own to actually make money on the sale.
Photo of JD

JD

• 664 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
LOL! Buddy are you serious? Buy the phones off the shelf and figure out how to provision them yourself if you want EARN that $5000. You could consider that a "convenience charge" because they've provisioned it for you.

By the way, I already told you how to provision BYOD devices higher up there. Let me know when my $500 check is in the mail.
(Edited)
Photo of Jan Ferguson, Channel Partner

Jan Ferguson, Channel Partner, Champion

• 31,796 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
More information from the internet, via Google on the Polycom User Forums:
*** (DISCLAIMER - I don't know if this will work or not. But it was from the Polycom User Forums) ***

Pointing a Phone to an Provisioning Server manually:

NOTE: Please remember that you may need to require to add a local Firewall Rule or Disable the Firewall completely !

To manually point the Phone to a Provisioning Server please do the following Steps:

Reboot the Phone (unplug Ethernet cable and plug back in)

• Press Setup or Cancel and then Setup when the countdown is being displayed
    CancelBootup_01PNG CancelBootup_02PNG
  • Use the standard => Password <= of 456
    CancelBootup_04png
  • Select Provisioning Server
    CancelBootup_05png
  • Select DHCP Menu and press select/enter
    CancelBootup_07png
  • Change the Boot Server to static via the Edit Button
    CancelBootup_07png
  • Press Exit
  • Scroll down to Server Type / Server Address etc. and press select/enter and change to the following values
    CancelBootup_07png
Server Type: FTP(s), TFTP or HTTP(S)Server Address: IP Address or Hostname of your ServerServer User: Username of your server (if needed)Server Password:Password of your server (if needed)

• Exit and Save and let the Phone re-boot.

In a normal setup we recommend using an FTP Server in order to provision the Phone and in addition to allow the Phone to upload its own <mac>-app.log and <mac>-boot.log files.

The Server directory should contain the unzipped Version of either UCS or SIP Software (depending on the compatible version)

NOTE: check => here <= if legacy phones are used

The FTP Server needs to allow append and write for this functionality.

Above is vital for Polycom Support in order to troubleshoot cases.

The Customer needs to create their own individual Configuration Files and can use separate files for a Phones registration (per Phone Mac Address) and Global Settings like SIP Server, NTP and Language etc.

http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/FAQ-How-can-I-setup-my-Phone-Provisioning-Download-Upgrade/td-p...
Photo of Chris Duquette

Chris Duquette, Champion

Thanks for the link Jan.