Best way to handle texts to main #

• Question
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
  • Answered
Recently I've had a bunch of texts coming to my company's main number. These go to my boss' email but his inbox is always getting hit with tons of other emails. Is there a way to direct these texts  better?
Photo of Chris Duquette

Chris Duquette, Champion

• 14,778 Points 10k badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Lee

Lee, Champion

• 2,356 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Chris, you can change the recipient under Auto-receptionist, IVR settings, Company Fax/SMS recipient. If that is what you are asking. It would be great if you could do it separately, faxes to one extension, SMS to another. 
Photo of Chris Duquette

Chris Duquette, Champion

cool, thanks. Have you tried multiple emails? or is it just directed to 1 user?
(Edited)
Photo of Lee

Lee, Champion

I have not. If i need something to go to multiple users I just use a group or shared email. 
Photo of Chris Duquette

Chris Duquette, Champion

sounds good. thank you much.
Photo of Lee

Lee, Champion

You're welcome. I think i will start an Idea for the faxes and SMS to go to seperate locations. 
Photo of Chris Duquette

Chris Duquette, Champion

i checked it. I cant seem to see anything that says company/sms recipient. I have the settings to send my calls to a certain extension. is that the section your talking about? 
Photo of Lee

Lee, Champion

It is the last section in my IVR settings, just before the Dial by name directory.
Photo of Lee

Lee, Champion

I think i missed something earlier. it is Auto-receptionist, General Settings, IVR settings, Company Fax/SMS Recipient. 
Photo of Chris Duquette

Chris Duquette, Champion

yeah i dont have that tab. :/ 

company hours
ivr settings
dial by name directory
call recording
regional settings

that is how my tabs are laid out.
Photo of Chris Duquette

Chris Duquette, Champion

yeah its not in that tab either. i'll have to call support or hope someone from RC can explain why we are seeing different stuff.
Photo of Lee

Lee, Champion

Sorry, I never thought about having 2 different plans. I have the same sections you listed. Mine is under IVR settings in your list. Top Level IVR, Custom answering Rules, General IVR Settings, Zero Dialing, Company Fax/SMS Recipient.