Blocking calls, company wide

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Answered
Hello, what is the best way to block incoming calls from an specific phone number, company wide, not extension by extension?
Photo of Claudio (Customer)

Claudio (Customer)

• 13,910 Points 10k badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

• 27,250 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Black the number while signed in as the Super Administrator.

Claudio (Customer)

Thank Danno, I'm logged in as Admin, is that option inside the Call Log ? Is this solution going to block the calls into the direct numbers?
(Edited)
Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

Screening, Greeting & Hold Music
under Super Admin extension
Down at the bottom
Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

Claudio (Customer)

Thank so much sir !
Photo of Megan C.

Megan C.

• 286 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I don't see where I can do this as a SuperAdmin now. Since these instructions are from 2 years ago, did the settings to block calls company wide change? 
Photo of Saadet - Community Support

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 51,842 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Megan, the UI changed but the steps are still the same :) Make sure you're logged in as the Super Admin and on the My Extension Tab

Photo of Megan C.

Megan C.

• 286 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hmm, I did that but then we still kept getting calls. I checked with support and they said I had to manually add the blocked number under each user. The spam calls were coming to our mainline number. Support was able to mass block the numbers for me which was nice.
Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

Unless something has changed, I have been able to block numbers and area codes on numerous accounts, when signed in as the original Super Admin, for several years.  Saadet? has something changed that we don't know about - but only Customer Support does?
Photo of Saadet - Community Support

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 51,842 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Not that I'm aware of! What might have happened is Megan's extension isn't the System Mailbox extension - but Support was able to login and block the numbers because they have the option to choose who they log in as