Bring back ability to search a call on the call log using parenthesis and dashes

• Idea
  • Updated 4 months ago
A recent update has now made it more difficult to look up a call in the call log. When a number is given to you (in your CRM, ringcentral missed call emails, etc.), it is always give with parenthesis and dashes like (555) 555-5555. Now you can only search a number like this 5555555555. 

That means when you want to quickly copy and paste a number and then hit search, you have to first delete those everything that isnt a digit. Seems small but if you check calls in the log every hour of the day, its become old very fast as its now very intuitive. 
Photo of Shawn Salamipour

Shawn Salamipour

• 156 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of George Gary

George Gary, Official Rep

• 572 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hi Shawn,

Thanks for reporting this issue.   We're investigating to see how we can re-enable search when using special characters.

Best-
George Gary
Sr. Product Manager
Photo of Shawn Salamipour

Shawn Salamipour

• 156 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Correction to my original post. Last sentence, I meant to say its not very intuitive. In fact, it doesnt make sense at all when you consider the second sentence. Anytime you look up a number you have to either manually type the number, or delete all special characters. 
Photo of George Gary

HI Shawn,

We are rolling out the fix to restore the ability to search for phone numbers that contain special characters like hyphens and dashes.  Thanks for your feedback, patience, and  continued support.
Photo of Imad Chaer

Imad Chaer

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled should be able to search for a number on call log, no need to remove the dash and....

any time I need to search the call log,I have to clean the number from dash and bracket, this is taking much time.So please keep it as it was prior to the latest update.Thanks
Photo of George Gary

Hi Imad - Thanks for your patience.  The patch for phone number search should be applied to your account by March 31.