Call Forward on Polycom VVX Phones

• Question
  • Updated 6 months ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
I received an email from Carolyn M. at Ring Central titled "Note! Release 9.3 for RingCentral Office@Hand for 11/7-11/8 2017."  One of the updates is this:

Call Forward on Polycom VVX Phones
  • Users can now enable and disable Call Forwarding options from the Polycom phone menus
  • Users can enter an extension, Digital Line or a PSTN (traditional phone line) number as the forwarding termination
How do we enable call forwarding from our Polycom phone menu?  I don't see any call forwarding option on the menu.  We have Polycom VVX310 phones.  I have rebooted mine and I still don't see a call forwarding menu option.

Thanks,
Joe Zacky
Photo of Joe Zacky

Joe Zacky

• 316 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

• 67,810 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hello Joe,

You can contact our Support Team who can enable this feature on the back end - it is not something you can do yourself. Once they've enabled it, you'll reboot your phone and the option will display.
Photo of Telephone Bill

Telephone Bill

• 392 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Can I forward a call in the admin portal? This is something I currently do in our present system. Another useful feature is the ability to turn forwarding on based on time of day and day of week.
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

Hey Bill, sounds like you'll want to leverage our Custom Answering Rule feature :) This can be done for the account or on a per user basis.
Photo of Telephone Bill

Telephone Bill

• 392 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Thank you for the quick answer Saadet! Can a user turn on forwarding? For example Robert, who talks to customers every day, is going on vacation.

He goes to his boss who askes him to forward calls to Henry while he is gone. Can he do that or is that only accomplished be an administrator?
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

The user can also set up a custom rule on their extension :)
Photo of Cecile Glassy

Cecile Glassy, Champion

• 21,632 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I will link the cheat sheet pdf we made for our employees.. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1wHXDaZKY5E1hhpwsbdKYd2EjKcR91j7p?usp=sharing
Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

• 37,254 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
In addition to what Cecile posted, most times you can activate Call Forwarding with the following feature keys.

Call Forward Activate - *72  after three tones enter the number to forward to.
Call Forward Deactivate - *73

I have a Cisco phone so I can't advise on the Polycom phone menu.
Photo of Joe Zacky

Joe Zacky

• 316 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Thank you all so much for such a quick response.  Customer support has enabled call forwarding for us and it works real nice.

Cecile, I'm using your instructions as a template to email out to our users - thanks!

Joe
Photo of Peter Czarnecki

Peter Czarnecki, Employee

• 202 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
An alternative that worked when the *72/*73 combo did not was to enable the feature within the phone's menu.  Once it is enabled on the account by calling RingCentral, the phone is rebooted, there is a "Forward" button/option within the main menu.  Select that and enter the number there.