Calls forwarded to my cell phone are going straight to voicemail

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate. If you have a related question on this subject, please post a new topic.

I have a Canadian number and have the calls forwarded to my cell phone. For the last two days the calls have been forwarded to my cell phone's voice mail not ringing to the cell phone at all. I have missed dozens of business calls as a result. I have checked my advanced settings and the system works erratically sometimes ringing through to the cell phone but ,more often goes straight to cell voice mail.
Photo of My Ride Main

My Ride Main

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • stressed out

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of USA 3

USA 3

• 316 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I would 1st check my cell phone to make sure it is accepting 'all' calls.  If it is set to accept only calls from your contacts, it will not let the calls go through to you if they are not in your contacts.
Photo of Michael Gutman

Michael Gutman

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Sounds like do not disturb is on somewhere... 
Photo of Nathan Malone

Nathan Malone, U.S. Tier 3 Support

• 4,790 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
If you look at the detailed view in your call log, detailed view is in the top left corner of the call log, you can see if the system sent the phone call to your cell phone. You should see a line showing the call was forwarded and it will show your cell phone number.

If the call is being sent to the cell phone then the cell phone is not accepting the phone call correctly. You can try upping the time the call is ringing to your cell phone. You usually want about 25 -30 seconds at least to ensure the call can be handed off to your cell service and ring your phone.

Also, if you want to keep the calls from reaching your cell phone voicemail, you can turn on a connecting prompt. It will require you to press 1 on your cell phone anytime you answer a call on your cell which comes from RingCentral. It will stop calls from reaching your cell phones voicemail however and will always send the call to your RingCentral voicemail.

You can find this option under Settings, Call Handling and Forwarding, Incoming Call information, and then turn on the connecting prompt for Non-RingCentral phones only.

Thank you,
Nate Malone, Tier 2 Technical Support

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.