Call Handling: Desktop App and Deskphone to ring simultaneously?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Im a RingCentral customer and i want to forward the calls to my Ringcentral app and deskphone simultaneously because is really good for most of the business and this technology is in used with magicjack , please add that idea in your next upgrade
Photo of Michael Larssen

Michael Larssen

• 116 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Phil Koorsen

Phil Koorsen, Implementation Advisor

• 1,486 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hello, I am a implementation advisor for ringcentral. If you would like your desktop application to ring at the same time with your desk phone, go into your call handling & forwarding tab in your user account and click on the First Ring Feature button labeled Desktop and Smartphone apps. Then, set the seconds to Zero '0' and save it. From then on, all calls will ring both your application and the desk phone.
Photo of FREDERICO

FREDERICO

• 72 Points
The problem is, if you set smartphone app to "0", yes they ring together, however, the smartphone app only rings for about 10 seconds and is not enough time to catch the call. We need the ability to increase the ring time on the smartphone app without delaying the desk phone ring.
Photo of Mary Muir

Mary Muir

• 60 Points
If this setting is turned on, will it ring the Mobile app or just forward to their cell phone number? I have some users that will not have the Mobile app, but want it to ring to their desktop app without ringing their cell phone.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,578 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Mary,   Think of the Mobile App as a copy of the Desktkop App.  As long as you have VoIP calling turned on, on the Mobile App, (and you have a WiFi or data signal)  it will ring along with the Desktop app.  

Actually forwarding the call to the mobile phone number is a different setting and of course if you forward to the cell number the desktop app will not ring. 
Photo of Pet Shack Resort

Pet Shack Resort

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
When I have Voip calling enablde and it is hooked to wifi I often lose the connection and the app starts making weird noises.  This is five feet from my router with an excellent signal.  Sometimes the app rings when I am out and about and sometimes it doesn't.  It is looking like I am going to need to carry a second phone so I can put the same voicemail I have on Ring Central on the cell phone because I am missing calls.  Texts come through fine.  I really don't want two cell phones, but I also sell real estate and that is the voicemail on my personal cell phone which would confuse my boarding kennel clients.  Ring Central does nto always go to voicemail before the cell phopne does and I have had this happen in the past.  Also, Ring Central will put voicemails long ago deleted back on the app if you sign out and sign back in.  Is there a way to stop that?
(Edited)
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,578 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Moving to new thread. Off topic from original post

Please reference the new conversation here: Multiple issues with mobile app