Call Queue: Disable Voicemail

• Idea
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • (Edited)
Some of my clients requested to disable the voicemail option for call queues, since this option is already available for extension users, "Take Messages -> No".

Will we have this upgrade soon?

Thanks for any update!
Photo of Ysmael Calix Quesada

Ysmael Calix Quesada

• 480 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • concerned

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Kenny Wivietsky

Kenny Wivietsky

• 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled i do not want my call que to go to voicemail even after 15 minutes.

currently using call que groups and after 15 minutes of someone waiting on hold they are sent to voicemail.  it causes the customers frustration.  they do not want to wait on hiold for 15 minutes and then be sent to voicemail.  is there way to add more minutes or turn the option off so no one goes to voicemail during office hours

Photo of Julie Sperritt

Julie Sperritt

• 1,532 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Any news on this yet?

We need to switch off the voicemail for 3 of our groups - if the caller does not have their call answered they need to either:

1. receive a message stating that all lines are currently busy, please try again later (preferred)

2. Call ends and does not leave the caller waiting/option for voicemail

We believe that a voicemail is unprofessional and would prefer that a caller calls back /emails/ glips

It seems odd that this can be done for a user but not a group.
Also not great that a number of requests over quite a period of time have not been addressed.
Update please?
Photo of Jessica - Community Moderator

Jessica - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 13,848 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Julie, 

Product confirmed that there are some enhancements coming in the second half of this year that may resolve this. I'll update this thread with any additional information I receive. 
Photo of Matthew King

Matthew King

• 156 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
So far, as a new RingCentral business user, this is the 2nd basic feature I've seen that's 5 years old and has yet to be implemented. Competitors have this feature. This does not bode well for our future with RingCentral unfortunately. Luckily, I signed up for a monthly plan for our users for cases just like this. 
Photo of Shaun Kilmartin

Shaun Kilmartin

• 354 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I really need this feature as well.  I can't believe it doesn't exist yet.  Please expedite this feature ASAP.
Photo of Michael King

Michael King

• 98 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Second half of the year will just not do! With Covid19 call centres are being slammed and Ring Central is expecting us to manage Voicemails in this basic and unprofessional way EVEN THOUGH THIS WAS RAISED 4 YEARS AGO ON THIS THREAD! EXPEDITE THIS PRODUCT RELEASE!!!!
Photo of Kenny Wivietsky

Kenny Wivietsky

We need this done now.
Photo of Kenny Wivietsky

Kenny Wivietsky

Why can’t the customer be given the option to leave a message or wait for someone to pick up. I have lost tons of customers cause of this and was forced to add more reps for those times when call volume is high. It needs to stop ASAP.
Photo of Maxim Abramov

Maxim Abramov

• 106 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi all,

I have just started using the RC platform in UK and Russia. I can see the great potential, but features like that should be really easy to deploy. Just do the same as you did for the extension. Allow to either take the message or do not take with ability either transfer the call to another queue or play the message and disconnect.
Copy the same code, you have used in different place :)

Regards,
Maxim
(Edited)
Photo of Michael King

Michael King

• 98 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This is now a ridiculous situation - something as simple as turning off voicemail raised 3 years ago on this thread has been ignored by Ring Central and now many companies under pressure during Coronavirus/Covid19 have been burnt by their loyalty to Ring central - we can still can not switch off voicemail or amend 'wait settings' as we really need to.....

Surely RingCentral would be looking to do their part for their customers during these tough times and make the change we have all been asking for!?  The changes were slated for second half of the year - WE NEED IT NOW!! This impact has really made me reassess if we will need to migrate away from Ring Central to be able to service our customers as we need to in a dynamic, changing world.
(Edited)
Photo of David Moschioni

David Moschioni

• 60 Points
+1 for this feature.
Want to add an option for “no maximum hold time”
+1
Photo of Greg Terrell

Greg Terrell

• 72 Points
+1
Photo of Chris Cripps